*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
TOOK TEST TO EXERCISE MY 70+ YEAR OLD BRAIN. FOUND IT FAIRLY EASY BUT THERE WERE A FEW QUESTIONS I HAD NO IDEA WHERE THEY CAME FROM. MADE A 92 AND WAS PROUD OF IT. TOOK A LOT LONGER TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION THAN TAKE THE TEST. THAT WAS A REAL BRAIN TEASER.

Frog town, you may not be aware, but all caps in "Internet land" means that you are yelling at everyone! If you intended to yell at everyone, then just disregard [emoji6][emoji6][emoji106]

I passed with a 78% in about one hour (two hours are allowed). I feel like that was pretty good, considering I bought my drone last week along with the "Remote Pilot Test Prep" book. It was a bit tougher than I expected. That said, it was fairly straight forward and easy to get many questions with the supplemental book; which was supplied. I struggled with weather and reading METAR/TAF reports, because I wrongly assumed that I understand weather (HA!) Also, I am very glad I carefully studied airspace, because there were a lot of confusing questions on that. Understanding the UAS drone rules is very important (obviously). I found the on-screen sectional charts impossible to read, but the supplement book was fine.

Note: I thought some of the questions had two very clear correct answers... So, I just picked one. Some of those I got incorrect. I'm not a fan of those obscure questions where more than one answer applies...

Overall, I'm glad to have completed (and passed) the exam. If I had it to do over, I might have studied weather a little more.

I passed the test with an 83%. I am not happy that I missed couple of questions for the simple fact that I did not take the time to read each question carefully. For example, one of the questions was something "What is not a concern", since I was reading so fast I overlooked the "not" part of the question and read as if the question was "What is a concern". Also I had a lot of sectional charts questions, METAR/TAF and Lat \ Long. My advise for those who are preparing to take this test is to get ready for everything, not all tests are the same.

Thanks M1shootr..... I used Gleim, as you suggested, studied for 7-10 days, made an 85.

The bottom line, I would recommend the Gleim online prep course.

I took my test today and I did not pass! Took the RemotePilot107 course and was scoring in the 80's, and I studied my but off. Very few questions were what I studied, and my test was loaded with airspace questions. I even had a question about remaining healthy LOL. Humiliated and bummed, but wanted to say that test is no joke.

Happy for all of you guys that passed though. So, 2 weeks before I can take it again and another $150 out of my pocket!!!

I forgot to update this. I took it again and passed! That was in late March. They messed up sending me a temp, that I just got today after many phone calls! They emailed me a PDF that is barely legible but I'll take it!

I forgot to update this. I took it again and passed! That was in late March. They messed up sending me a temp, that I just got today after many phone calls! They emailed me a PDF that is barely legible but I'll take it!

Awesome congrats,

That was in late March. They messed up sending me a temp, that I just got today after many phone calls! They emailed me a PDF that is barely legible but I'll take it!

That sucks, I received my temp in less than 36 hrs after submission of my exam ID in IACARA's website.

Well it seems that they had my FTN # messed up and assigned me a new one with my correct information! OK - all is good.

Passed test on 3/7, Got temp on 3/13, and still no permanent license. How long does it normally take to get the official license?

IACRA just emailed me today to let me know that my "temporary certificate" was ready. The funny thing is, I logged in five days ago and saw it there already, so I printed it. I guess the notification isn't automated, which is pretty bizarre.

Passed test on 3/7, Got temp on 3/13, and still no permanent license. How long does it normally take to get the official license?
I passed on 3/7/17 also. I have not received the card in the mail. But on the IACRA website, I do see that I was issued a permanent license number. I think that was updated/issued about a week ago.

You can go to Airman Certification website and see where they are up to. They typically move forward a week at a time. Right now it shows they are processing temporary for permanent certificates issued March 6th. This is always been the way it is in getting perm certificates. When they do get to yours, your cert number will immediately show in IACRA with the rating.

How do I know? Was POC for tier 3 IACRA support for 8 years. Lots of questions fielded from priv/com/atp pilots on this. They hated the wait. Especially overseas ATP guys that were in the states just to get rated...them find out the perm certificate comes a couple months later.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj