*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Emailed the help desk and they got right back to me, darn pop up blockers

In the www.remotepilot101.com course, there was a session and walk-thru on completing the IACRA form online and the trainer specifically mentioned the pop-up blocker situation. LOL!

In the www.remotepilot101.com course, there was a session and walk-thru on completing the IACRA form online and the trainer specifically mentioned the pop-up blocker situation. LOL!

It's unfortunate that they didn't just put a note on the online form warning of that problem.

I tried clicking on "view pilots bill of rights" and "sign bill of rights" and nothing would happen. Clicking on privacy notice opened a new window and could view that. Turned off pop up blocker and all worked

Passed on 3/7 with an 88. Was able to associate the test results in IACRA on 3/9. Waiting on temp authorization.
Test wasn't too bad. Studied the FAA guide, some Youtube for charts and METARS, and took all the practice tests I could find online.
Hopefully it wont take FAA too long to get the temp issued.

My temp was ready to print up yesterday, 3 days after taking the test. Not to bad. No number associated with it so wondering what the point is

Lol well yes there is that. Just thinking about how "pending " goes into a file or report if I needed it

Took the Part 107 test today in San Diego, CA.
Got a 97% (58/60) on the test! (The proctor said that was the highest score they've had so far. Sorry about bragging, but I am pretty happy!)
Honestly I was totally shocked that I only missed two questions.
After my first pass through the questions, I had marked 14 questions as being unsure. After my 2nd pass, I had about 5-8 questions I was unsure. And there were easily 3 or 4 that I had almost no idea, but was able to make a semi-educated guess.

I think I just got lucky on some.

(I didn't realize that I am not supposed to discuss the test questions! Oops...)

To study, I started with Tony Northrups site.
Then I used the FAA Part 107 Study Guide.
I also used Free Part 107 Test Study Guide For FAA Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA
The practice test that was really helpful was FAA Drone Exam Online Practice Tests | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform since they have 126 questions and answers.

Anyway, even after all the studying I was surprised at how much was on the actual test that I don't recall being covered specifically on any of the sites I used.

-Darin

Darin,
I used the same sights to study for the test. I saw no need to pay for an online course. I ended up with an 85% and was very happy to pass the test. Tons of questions that I had never scene before....or even thought about. I hate taking test.....but guess I will be back in 24 months doing it again..

Tom...

Reactions: dfphoto
Darin,
I used the same sights to study for the test. I saw no need to pay for an online course. I ended up with an 85% and was very happy to pass the test. Tons of questions that I had never scene before....or even thought about. I hate taking test.....but guess I will be back in 24 months doing it again..

Tom...
Congratulations on passing the test.

I think that's why the FAA doesn't want everyone discussing the questions on the actual test. Then people would find out in advance, making the test easier.
It also seems that they want to throw things at you that you may not have seen specifically, but instead want you to be able to figure it out based on what you do know. So if you really know the actual subject matter well, you should be able to figure it out by reasoning it through. That's why most people say the test is hard.

In college, I remember my physics tests where the test questions were always on things that we had never seen or studied. The idea was that if we knew the material really well, then we could figure out how to solve the problem even if we had never done a problem like that before. A true test of your knowledge and reasoning skills.

Hard copy is in. No "date of issue", but supposedly the FAA will send another one once they fix their printer issue. Doesn't bother me. Happy to finally have my number!

Total time from completion and passing of the test to receiving the hard copy was 7 weeks.

Attachments

• UAS LicenseJPG.jpg
    UAS LicenseJPG.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: dfphoto
I took scores of practice tests that supposedly came from the test bank until I was getting a 95+ every time. I passed with an 85. The first two questions were foreign to me and I actually thought I was sitting for the wrong test. Ordinarily, I would not happy with an 85, but for this test I'll take it.

I took scores of practice tests that supposedly came from the test bank until I was getting a 95+ every time. I passed with an 85. The first two questions were foreign to me and I actually thought I was sitting for the wrong test. Ordinarily, I would not happy with an 85, but for this test I'll take it.
Congrats on passing.
Pretty much across the board, everyone agrees that there are questions on the actual test that are not available on the web. The practice tests can only get you so far.
I read on another site that you should definitely be getting 95% or higher on any of the online practice tests. The reason is that you have to know those questions well enough to be able to figure out the questions and material on the actual test that you've never seen before.

There were plenty of questions that i had never specifically seen before during my studies (RP101) that were on the test. But the premises were the same.

I feel that's a big reason why we prepare and learn how to figure these things out on the fly. Because ultimatelly you'll need it.

LOL, I thought I took the wrong test all the way through

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20