*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine still shows as an application (status is "sent to registry, certificate # pending), but there is nothing under airman information - I assume the actual temp shows up as a document there? For now I have printed the submitted application at least to keep on me and will check in until it arrives in the system!

Temporary Airman Certificate just became available, my first Pilot's License, pretty cool!

Timeline so far: Test date 2/1, info available in IACRA to start application 2/3, received temp certificate 2/9, so basically a week from test date to something official I can keep on me, not bad. Good luck to everyone else getting their wings!

This is good to know. I submitted my application today and took my test yesterday.

p3s- fishing
p4 Black- Inspections

I've looked and looked for this info, does anyone know if you have a felony does that disqualify you from getting your license? Really like to find out before paying the $150 to take the test.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

If it involved drugs or alcohol, it is spelled out in 107.57. If not, call your local FSDO and ask to speak with an inspector knowledgeable in Part 107. You can call anonymously if you wish.

§107.57 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs.
(a) A conviction for the violation of any Federal or State statute relating to the growing, processing, manufacture, sale, disposition, possession, transportation, or importation of narcotic drugs, marijuana, or depressant or stimulant drugs or substances is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of final conviction; or

(2) Suspension or revocation of a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating.

(b) Committing an act prohibited by §91.17(a) or §91.19(a) of this chapter is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of that act; or

(2) Suspension or revocation of a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating.

Since I have other FAA certificates, I did the faa.gov link and online test in early December. Got my plastic card this week, about 10 weeks turn around, and bit slow from my previous experiences (CFI certificates have to be renewed every 2 years).

FYI the certificate numbers are in order of date assigned. My Private Pilot certificate was issued in 1972 and has a 2.1M number. It has remained the same through upgrading to the ATP certificate. My UAS certificate is in the 3.9M range. That's over 1.8M airman certificates issued in 45 years.
Received mine in 1972 also, 2.09 number.

If it involved drugs or alcohol, it is spelled out in 107.57. If not, call your local FSDO and ask to speak with an inspector knowledgeable in Part 107. You can call anonymously if you wish.

§107.57 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs.
(a) A conviction for the violation of any Federal or State statute relating to the growing, processing, manufacture, sale, disposition, possession, transportation, or importation of narcotic drugs, marijuana, or depressant or stimulant drugs or substances is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of final conviction; or

(b) Committing an act prohibited by §91.17(a) or §91.19(a) of this chapter is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of that act; or

Thank you

I was able to complete the test in 30 minutes with a 80% passing.
A few of the questions were "trick"questions. Especially one about flying before sunrise.
I found it easier than I thought but I am also taking my Private Pilot's Exam soon. So for those that have never looked at a Sectional, METAR, NOTAM, etc. will have problems and probably not pass.
I'm pretty sure I am the first one in Seattle to pass the FAA test.

The questions about Sunrise and Sunset are NOT trick questions. I am a Commercial Pilot and EVERY pilot must and should know the FAA Civil Twilight and Civil Dawn definitions.

I agree...if you don't Sectional, METAR, NOTAM info, you will have trouble.

Passed 107 today. Was really nervous as I haven't really taken a test for many years. But proctor was very nice and helpful, took me about 45 minutes and got an 87. Was wanting to get in the 90s but I'll take it.

Passed 107 today. Was really nervous as I haven't really taken a test for many years. But proctor was very nice and helpful, took me about 45 minutes and got an 87. Was wanting to get in the 90s but I'll take it.
Congratulations on passing.

Reactions: ndroll
First try today 90% Self Study and YouTube
See that's what's I'm thinking. Why pay for courses when all the info is out there for free. Nice job and I'm positively not paying for any classes or courses for taking mine either.

Reactions: T Dunkin
Took my test today, and found it very difficult. A lot of the questions that were asked, I had never seen in any of the courses I had watched, nor were they on any practice exams that I took. I was really sweating bullets, but passed with a 92!

One thing that I have not seen mentioned, is that there is an on screen calculator in the test, so at least for mine, I did not need to bring one. My test was done at a Lasergrade testing center, if that matters.

Reactions: T Dunkin
See that's what's I'm thinking. Why pay for courses when all the info is out there for free. Nice job and I'm positively not paying for any classes or courses for taking mine either.

There is plenty of information freely available, including all the material that is covered in the test. If you are fairly proficient at figuring out how to assemble the various sources and learn the material, then the test is not difficult.

Of the basic categories of information covered, sectionals, airspace designations, basic navigation, METARs and TAFs amount to understanding principles that allow you to deduce what you need to know.

Meteorology, atmospheric dynamics and flight performance, as relevant to 107, are limited enough that they are easy to memorize if you are not familiar with those fields. If you are then they are fairly trivial.

Basic rules and regulations are arbitrary and have to be learned, but there are not that many of them.

It’s the soft subjects such as ADM, risk management, and resource management, with all their opaque, arbitrary acronyms that really have to be memorized that present the biggest challenge. Common sense doesn’t cut it.

Many people have commented that the actual tests seem harder than the practice tests, but I think what is happening is that repeated use of the same practice tests simply leads to familiarity with those questions. Similar questions in the real test are not any harder, just new and different. There are some very poorly constructed questions in the pool, where either the question is ambiguous or under-constrained, or the answer is subjective. If you haven’t either encountered the particular question in practice, or seen a statement in the literature that specifies the answer, then it becomes guesswork.

There is plenty of information freely available, including all the material that is covered in the test. If you are fairly proficient at figuring out how to assemble the various sources and learn the material, then the test is not difficult.

Of the basic categories of information covered, sectionals, airspace designations, basic navigation, METARs and TAFs amount to understanding principles that allow you to deduce what you need to know.

Meteorology, atmospheric dynamics and flight performance, as relevant to 107, are limited enough that they are easy to memorize if you are not familiar with those fields. If you are then they are fairly trivial.

Basic rules and regulations are arbitrary and have to be learned, but there are not that many of them.

It’s the soft subjects such as ADM, risk management, and resource management, with all their opaque, arbitrary acronyms that really have to be memorized that present the biggest challenge. Common sense doesn’t cut it.

Many people have commented that the actual tests seem harder than the practice tests, but I think what is happening is that repeated use of the same practice tests simply leads to familiarity with those questions. Similar questions in the real test are not any harder, just new and different. There are some very poorly constructed questions in the pool, where either the question is ambiguous or under-constrained, or the answer is subjective. If you haven’t either encountered the particular question in practice, or seen a statement in the literature that specifies the answer, then it becomes guesswork.
Thanks for the insight, greatly appreciated [emoji4]

Took the Part 107 test today in San Diego, CA.
Got a 97% (58/60) on the test! (The proctor said that was the highest score they've had so far. Sorry about bragging, but I am pretty happy!)
Honestly I was totally shocked that I only missed two questions.
After my first pass through the questions, I had marked 14 questions as being unsure. After my 2nd pass, I had about 5-8 questions I was unsure. And there were easily 3 or 4 that I had almost no idea, but was able to make a semi-educated guess.

I think I just got lucky on some.

(I didn't realize that I am not supposed to discuss the test questions! Oops...)

To study, I started with Tony Northrups site.
Then I used the FAA Part 107 Study Guide.
I also used Free Part 107 Test Study Guide For FAA Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA
The practice test that was really helpful was FAA Drone Exam Online Practice Tests | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform since they have 126 questions and answers.

Anyway, even after all the studying I was surprised at how much was on the actual test that I don't recall being covered specifically on any of the sites I used.

-Darin

Last edited:
Took the Part 107 test today in San Diego, CA.
Got a 97% (58/60) on the test! (The proctor said that was the highest score they've had so far. Sorry about bragging, but I am pretty happy!)
Honestly I was totally shocked that I only missed two questions.
After my first pass through the questions, I had marked 14 questions as being unsure. After my 2nd pass, I had about 5-8 questions I was unsure. And there were easily 3 or 4 that I had almost no idea, but was able to make a semi-educated guess.

I think I just got lucky on some.

If it's helpful, here's the two questions I missed:
(The questions and answers are from memory, so sorry about the inaccuracy, but you'll get the idea...)

1) Under potential hazard or risk for a flight, an emergency procedure that a remote PIC should consider is:
a) Filing a NOTAM with the NTSB
b) having an alternate landing site
c) informing the land owner of the operation
I picked C, but I think the answer is B? Now that I look at it, C doesn't seem right. Anyone care to answer?

2) The load factor on a fixed wing, unmanned aircraft becomes significant at:
a) 45 deg
b) 30 deg
c) 15 deg
I picked B, but I guess maybe the answer is A?
So a load factor of 1.154 (30deg) is not significant but 1.414 (45deg) is? OK, I guess I can see that. And I assume 1.05 (15 deg approx) is not the right answer.

I actually wrote down a few more of the questions that I was unsure. I can post those if anyone would find them helpful or I am not sure if there's another place to post questions.

To study, I started with Tony Northrups site.
Then I used the FAA Part 107 Study Guide.
I also used Free Part 107 Test Study Guide For FAA Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA
The practice test that was really helpful was FAA Drone Exam Online Practice Tests | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform since they have 126 questions and answers.

Anyway, even after all the studying I was surprised at how much was on the actual test that I don't recall being covered specifically on any of the sites I used.

-Darin

B and A - as you guessed. I had both those questions. Personally I think that the load factor question is very poor - the load factor goes with 1/cosø, which is a smooth, monotonic function up to 90˚. When it becomes significant depends entirely on the design parameters of the aircraft. The 45˚ answer comes from an unsupported assertion in the FAA study materials.

Got the test done and started the iacra forms. It won't let me sign it at the end though. Lol always something.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20