*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotcha! Thanks for the info!
One more thing I should add. If you are an existing general aviation pilot and have an existing pilot rating with IACRA, then the process is more streamlined—maybe a week or two.

I took the test on 1/5, did the online (IACRA) portion on 1/9, received the license in the mail 1/30. So...21 days. Yeah it surprised me too...maybe just a low volume period because of the holidays.

I saw on Facebook that rp101 would have a price increase today, so I bought it on the last day it was $100 and I'm already through a few sections. It seems really easy, so far. I'm thinking the test will be much worse.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I took the test on 1/5, did the online (IACRA) portion on 1/9, received the license in the mail 1/30. So...21 days. Yeah it surprised me too...maybe just a low volume period because of the holidays.
Interesting. Were you already registered with IACRA? Were you already certified in some other capacity with the FAA?

Here are my final timeline stats:

Passed Exam: 21 Nov 2016 @16:00
Associated Exam on Application: 23 Nov 2016 @17:00
Thanksgiving Holiday: 24 Nov 2016 @00:00
Temporary Certificate Issued: 28 Nov 2016 @10:30
Christmas Holiday: 26 Dec 2016 @00:00
New Years Holiday: 02 Jan 2017 @00:00
Received physical card: 30 Jan 2017

Total elapsed time? Two months and nine days (or exactly ten weeks)

Took my test yesterday and passed with a score of 85%. IACRA app submitted within 27 hours of completing the test.

Glad that's over with. Congrats to those of you who have already passed, and to those of you embarking on the journey to legitimate commercial SUAS operations in our NAS. Onwards and upwards!

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
Passed this past Wednesday, yaya! Congrats to all you other 107 Pilots!

I used the Remote Pilot 101 course and highly recommend it. They definitely cover just about everything on the exam.

Many folks say the exam is super focused on: METARs, TAFs Sectionals and Airspace, and it seems it often is but one tip I can throw in is that you never know what you're going to get on test day so know it all. Many folks say they got tons of sectionals, others tons of weather & METARs/TAFs, etc. Mine was actually quite light on sectionals, charts and graphs, only two questions on METARs/TAFs, and when map/airspace q's came up they were always on the super crowded hard to figure out trick question ones :mad:. Not a pilot before 107 so personally still working on understanding all the nuances of them.

My test had a lot on philosophy and regulations, things like hazardous attitudes, crew resource management, maintenance, Remote PIC roles & responsibilities, alcohol/drugs/impairment, etc. Fortunately for me knowing how to navigate trick q's and process of elimination those are the easier side for me so I was grateful for that.

Something I found super annoying was the grouping of exam questions like 4-5 in a row on the same topic, which made the experience like a roller coaster - one chunk of time I was like yeah I'm rocking this answering obvious q's in like 5 seconds going through 5 in one minute, other times I was hella stumped and took a few minutes per q for a while and was all freakin' out. Pretty sure they do this as the mind f trick you up part of the testing process to see how you perform under pressure. If you take the electronic test you can flag ones you aren't sure about to come back to them so I suggest making your best guess, then coming back to them at the end so you don't psyche yourself out and waste time.

Oh yeah the FAA loves trick questions, be conscious of exactly what info is pertinent to the question i.e. they may mention clear day or rain, but weather has no impact on the situation they're testing about, stuff like that.

I really didn't hard study anything else besides the Remote Pilot 101 course, combined with general knowledge I pick up from life, experience, the forums, reading, etc. - my suggestion is to do it a few hours each day for a week in that course, take the RP101 practice test once or twice until you have a decent score and go for it! the $99 is worth the investment since it's all in one place and you really don't need to master anything else to pass. Remember all you need is 70% to pass and most of your Remote Pilot airman knowledge is going to come from the real world and experience over time. Good luck everyone!

I saw on Facebook that rp101 would have a price increase today, so I bought it on the last day it was $100 and I'm already through a few sections. It seems really easy, so far. I'm thinking the test will be much worse.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Def go for it - see my post above re: good words for RP101, def worth the $99. Real exam is exactly like the practice questions and practice test in the course. Good luck!

Def go for it - see my post above re: good words for RP101, def worth the $99. Real exam is exactly like the practice questions and practice test in the course. Good luck!
Ive made it through the course and I'm finding the material to be very easy, so I scheduled my test for Wednesday, at a local airport. Thanks!

Since I have other FAA certificates, I did the faa.gov link and online test in early December. Got my plastic card this week, about 10 weeks turn around, and bit slow from my previous experiences (CFI certificates have to be renewed every 2 years).

FYI the certificate numbers are in order of date assigned. My Private Pilot certificate was issued in 1972 and has a 2.1M number. It has remained the same through upgrading to the ATP certificate. My UAS certificate is in the 3.9M range. That's over 1.8M airman certificates issued in 45 years.

Hey guys! I got my hard card in the mail today from the FAA. Took the test December 4th got it in the mail February 4th. Not too. bad

You will get a temporary certificate online with "pending" as the number. You are good to go for commercial ops with it.

Go back into IACRA and look around. You should have the temp cert view-able if the application is complete (ID verification done by a CFI or FAA inspector).

Cool I think I heard somewhere that takes a week or so, I'll check in on it, thx!
My temp was in immediately. Might be because I was already in the system. The FAA email advising me the temp was viewable was several days later. Hope yours is in your hands now.

My temp was in immediately. Might be because I was already in the system. The FAA email advising me the temp was viewable was several days later. Hope yours is in your hands now.

Mine still shows as an application (status is "sent to registry, certificate # pending), but there is nothing under airman information - I assume the actual temp shows up as a document there? For now I have printed the submitted application at least to keep on me and will check in until it arrives in the system!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj