Post Your Still Images Taken With the P4P!

I am in awe of all of these shots. i myself am a very keen amateur SLR photographer, and want to get into aerial shots to get those special images. I limited myself to a P3S to learn how to actually fly the thing, before stepping up to a P4P (or whatever P5 may come along if it's worth it).

@Meta4 , all I can say is WOW!! I spend a lot of time around Maroochydore, and your shots are stunning.

IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG
Any suggestions? Outskirts of Houston

I've just bought the P4P and currently on holidays. So far I have just been filming and not taking photos. Would the quality be the same if I export them as still images than if I had taken photos from the air? Thanks

I've just bought the P4P and currently on holidays. So far I have just been filming and not taking photos. Would the quality be the same if I export them as still images than if I had taken photos from the air? Thanks
No ... the maximum resolution in video is 4096×2160 (8.8MP) while you can shoot stills at 5472 × 3648 (20MP)
You get another issue when you consider the shutter speed being used to shoot video is probably a lot slower than would be used for stills.
A little blur doesn't matter when it's flicking past at 24 frames per second but it sticks out when frozen in a still.

Reactions: Bybabe
No ... the maximum resolution in video is 4096×2160 (8.8MP) while you can shoot stills at 5472 × 3648 (20MP)
You get another issue when you consider the shutter speed being used to shoot video is probably a lot slower than would be used for stills.
A little blur doesn't matter when it's flicking past at 24 frames per second but it sticks out when frozen in a still.
Great thanks for the info!

There are some REALLY lovely and skillful photos here guys. Could you please put the locations up? I know some of you have but I always find it interesting to know where the photos were taken. Thanks!!

Reactions: Kman
I'm curious how much editing will need to be done with the 4 Pro camera (hopefully not much). :)

Depends on if you want to take snapshots that just say "I was there" or create images that share "This is how it felt to be there"...

The amount of post processing that can be needed for either will depend a large part on how accurately you set up and shoot
...The more control you take over the camera before tripping the shutter the less work you'll need to do later.

Am near Port of Miami & P4P+ & drone newbie.
What are legal considerations I should keep
in mind if wanting images like this?
No closer than...?
Certainly not overhead, right?
What if populated cruise ship?
Thanks in advance!

Am gobsmacked!! Light trails with an unmodified P4P+???
A drone can't possible be as steady as a tripod for more than 0.5 secs??
What shooting technique am I not familiar with...?
At 100% are these images slightly blurred?
Thanks in advance! (brand new to drones, new P4P+)

If there is no wind, you can take up to 8 second long exposure no problem. The follow pics were taken with my P4, not my P4P.

8 second:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvmKXQB14q

Here is a 5 second:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL9TIBnBmX1

ribjig
If there is no wind, you can take up to 8 second long exposure no problem. The follow pics were taken with my P4, not my P4P.

8 second:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvmKXQB14q

Here is a 5 second:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL9TIBnBmX1
=====

When I click on "ViewThisThread" in email, it takes
me to end of thread, not to specific message...

8 sec is longest P4P+ exposure?
Because if drone is stone-cold still for 8 sec.
there's no reason it can't take 15 sec or 1 hr...

Is it possible to post crop of 100%? If so, pick
a portion that show detail of immovable object.
Then I'll believe P4P+ hovers like a tripod in sky!!!

Am near Port of Miami & P4P+ & drone newbie.
What are legal considerations I should keep
in mind if wanting images like this?
No closer than...?
Certainly not overhead, right?
What if populated cruise ship?
Thanks in advance!
The FAA don't give any specific guidance for ships.
Fly for Fun
There may be local rules and airspace issues to consider as well.
But you should be very familiar with all operations with your Phantom before taking it out to sea.
It's not a good place to be wondering what to do..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers