Post your photo's!

GIMP can correct fisheye..free to download
GoPro has software that also corrects fisheye. but not sure if the fc200 camera will work with their software.

There are a couple of other programs as well. Photoshop CS5 and above.
Lightroom (i think).

Photoshop offers cloud based services for as little as 19.00 a month. Not sure what is included, but lens correction is pretty basic stuff.

The Rookie

xenon said:
Where exactly can it be found? I have Adobe Photoshop CS6.

The lens filter in CS6 can be found under Filter -> Lens Correction. In the pop-up window select "DJI" as the camera make and "FC200" as the camera model. You can play with the other settings in this window until you achieve the effect you want.

Tripnman said:
xenon said:

The lens filter in CS6 can be found under Filter -> Lens Correction. In the pop-up window select "DJI" as the camera make and "FC200" as the camera model. You can play with the other settings in this window until you achieve the effect you want.

I just tried it and these are my options:

Do I need to install some type of plugin to get the DJI/FR200 to show up?

cs6.png

xenon said:
Tripnman said:
There is a lens correction filter specifically for the FC200 camera in Adobe's RAW/DNG converter.

That's good news.

Install the Adobe Camera Raw/DNG Converter 8.4 update:
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal ... lable.html

Note that with the older Photoshop CS6, you'll just get support for new cameras & lenses (including DJI Phantom lens profile for RAW). All the new ACR program features - like split-screen preview - are for the newer Photoshop CC only.

You can probably also choose Help -> Updates to update your software, too.

BlackTracer said:
All I can say is WOW. You fellas are obviously skilled editors. Would I be stepping out of bounds to have you briefly explain your technique?

Its in the wrists. :lol:

The Rookie

jimre said:
xenon said:
Tripnman said:
There is a lens correction filter specifically for the FC200 camera in Adobe's RAW/DNG converter.

That's good news.

Install the Adobe Camera Raw/DNG Converter 8.4 update:
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal ... lable.html

Note that with the older Photoshop CS6, you'll just get support for new cameras & lenses (including DJI Phantom lens profile for RAW). All the new ACR program features - like split-screen preview - are for the newer Photoshop CC only.

You can probably also choose Help -> Updates to update your software, too.

Thanks so much. I got it working. I really appreciate the help. :D

Sweeet! I never get my sky photos to turn out that blue! I just got the lens filter kit, so hoping it will make a difference

You all are gonna make me use a friggin Adobe software aren't you....... :D

I shoot RAW 99.9999% of the time in my regular photography. Even though I have had PS since PS7 and gone all the way though the CS's up to and including CS6 and taken 3 college courses over the years to try and like using its horrible (for me) user interface I try to avoid using Adobe product like the plague. I have a boatload of other softwares I will use unless I absolutely have to use CS6 to save a image I need. I have been only shooting jpg's with my Vision to try and avoid using Adobe to convert RAW's and use its lend correction. Seeing some of these shots I now know there is no avoiding Adobe with this Vision. :roll: :x :(

Very nice shots all.....

Photo of local shipyard:

Attachments

• Port-email-0081273.jpg
    Port-email-0081273.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 313
JimDE said:
You all are gonna make me use a friggin Adobe software aren't you....... :D

I shoot RAW 99.9999% of the time in my regular photography. Even though I have had PS since PS7 and gone all the way though the CS's up to and including CS6 and taken 3 college courses over the years to try and like using its horrible (for me) user interface I try to avoid using Adobe product like the plague. I have a boatload of other softwares I will use unless I absolutely have to use CS6 to save a image I need. I have been only shooting jpg's with my Vision to try and avoid using Adobe to convert RAW's and use its lend correction. Seeing some of these shots I now know there is no avoiding Adobe with this Vision. :roll: :x :(

Very nice shots all.....

well, you could try lightroom 5. That has a lens profile built into the app and it's pretty easy to use straight out of the box. It has the majority of photoshop functionality with a simplified UI. Alternately, you could use gimp (both pc and mac) and use lens distortion to fix the fish-eye.

lightroom is a free download, try it for a month keep or delete. Gimp is free so you've nothing to lose

hope this helps

Bmews

MY preferred editing software is Adobe light room although photo shop has the same features. I always shoot in raw format. I tend not to use the lens profile to remove the fisheye as I think fisheye and is a dramatic affect and draws the viewers attention to the centre of the picture. Also I find that the lens profile to remove fisheye tends to blur the corners and the edges of the photograph.
On import play with the exposure increase the shadows and reduce highlights. At this point I usually had graduated filter to bring down the brightness of the sky. I then increase the vibrance, saturation and contrast to suit the individual photograph. Making the blacks blacker also adds a dramatic effect. Using the tone curve I tend to use the medium contrast setting. In lens correction I sometimes go into manual and adjust the lens vignetting to remove the very slight underexposure that is visible around the edges. I always add lots of noise reduction in both colour and luminance to remove the noise inherent with this bad camera. But as with all photographs as the saying goes **** in equal **** out. So when taking the photographs shoot with you exposure at least -7 to stop the sky is blowing out and correct in the editing software.
Dangermouse

DJI00006.jpg

DJI00080.jpg

DJI00102.jpg

DJI00118.jpg

More sample photos can be seen at my web page neilewins.com
Dangermouse

Roermond, NL fire brigade training with their charyy picker.

Fisheye correction and minor colour adjustments in Lightroom.

Attachments

• arlo-20-lg.jpg
    arlo-20-lg.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 379
Great photo Igeist :)

You seem to be one of the lucky ones with both sides of the image sharp (sharp as in FC200 sharp ;))

Edit: just noticed it was not a Vision photo - that explains it !
Still, great content - just the sort of thing that only an aerial camera could capture.

dangermouse said:
MY preferred editing software is Adobe light room although photo shop has the same features. I always shoot in raw format. I tend not to use the lens profile to remove the fisheye as I think fisheye and is a dramatic affect and draws the viewers attention to the centre of the picture. Also I find that the lens profile to remove fisheye tends to blur the corners and the edges of the photograph.
On import play with the exposure increase the shadows and reduce highlights. At this point I usually had graduated filter to bring down the brightness of the sky. I then increase the vibrance, saturation and contrast to suit the individual photograph. Making the blacks blacker also adds a dramatic effect. Using the tone curve I tend to use the medium contrast setting. In lens correction I sometimes go into manual and adjust the lens vignetting to remove the very slight underexposure that is visible around the edges. I always add lots of noise reduction in both colour and luminance to remove the noise inherent with this bad camera. But as with all photographs as the saying goes **** in equal **** out. So when taking the photographs shoot with you exposure at least -7 to stop the sky is blowing out and correct in the editing software.
Dangermouse

DJI00006.jpg

DJI00080.jpg

DJI00102.jpg

DJI00118.jpg

More sample photos can be seen at my web page neilewins.com
Dangermouse

nice view

dangermouse... very nice images. My second P2V had a severe camera focus issue that ran from the bottom right corner to the top 1/4 of the right side image like a out of focus slice of pie. I only shot jpg with it and sent it back.

My current P2V has OOF issues on the far two bottom corners similar to what I see in your image #3 on the left lower corner of the frame. I am going to test RAW as soon as I get a decent flying day to see if with raw and the lens profile this OOF will go away (I did a test indoors last night and it was favorable) through its auto cropping with the lens profile. I was surprised at your comment that the profile caused soft corners so I will have to really check for that.... I will hate to send back my 4th P@V in as many weeks due to OOF like my second one was returned for. I am hoping I can deal with this in PP and stop this game of Russian Roulette with DJI

Anyone here try the camera refocus procedure that someone posted a while ago? I am not that good with my hands anymore after my strokes so I would never attempt it but was wondering if anyone had any success with it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub