Post your Phantom 1 mods.

Reaction score
as the title reads. Mine is a Ver 1.1.1. No camera as yet. I've lightened the shell by 10 grams and modified the battery door so the leads can be connected with the door shut allowing larger batteries(also has the advantage of not disturbing the aircraft while it's initialising). Using counterfeit vision props I get 16 mins on my Titan RC 2700

My 1.1.1 has the following:

Beholder Lite @Alexmos Gimbal
FPV setup of Immersion 600mw, immersion spironets and patch antenna, Boscam RX-LCD5802

Looking to add iOSDmini in the near future.

I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Mine 1.1.1 is an FPV machine.

So far I've put P2V props on it and I use 2750mah batteries that I got from firstpersonview.co.uk. So I can get flight times of up to 11-12 minutes if I fly slow, but I'm mostly barrelling around in manual mode :D

A mini IOSD is my most recent upgrade, and boy do I love that thing! Seeing the battery voltage is a game changer, and all the extra info has helped me adapt to flying manual mode in FPV.

FPV-wise I'm using a small 25mW TX as I don't have the will power to go get my HAM license and I'm happy staying within 700m for my FPV so far. Just using the Spironet antennae it came with and Predator V2 googles (but will upgrade to DomHD soon as they are available).

Probably the most important addition is my TK102 GPS tracker, which I've cable tied to one leg.

I also have an anti-jello mount for my GoPro, but I mostly don't fly with my GoPro unless I actually want to film something. But I have screwed the mount my 700TVL CCD camera came with to the anti-jello mount. Works very well.

I have Zenmuse Gimbal, iosd, fatshark Dominators w immersion 5.8 transmitters and cloverleaf antennas . Only had 20 or so stock battery runs, and I love it. Need to upgrade to 2750 batteries tho. I also have p2 blades.

-Simonsays Landing gear
-Tarot Gimbal
-two reverse threaded motors
-Original P2 props
-2800 Mad Dog batteries
--potentiometer knob to control gimbal tilt on the TX
-led on the battery door

The best upgrade:

My new P2 H3-3D

Ozzyguy said:
as the title reads. Mine is a Ver 1.1.1. No camera as yet. I've lightened the shell by 10 grams and modified the battery door so the leads can be connected with the door shut allowing larger batteries(also has the advantage of not disturbing the aircraft while it's initialising). Using counterfeit vision props I get 16 mins on my Titan RC 2700

where did u lighten the shell and have you dont any motor mods? Have u upgraded the motors at all? How are you getting 16 minute flights? that's is insane. At most mine is 8 min flights

Brothainchrist06 said:
Ozzyguy said:

where did u lighten the shell and have you dont any motor mods? Have u upgraded the motors at all? How are you getting 16 minute flights? that's is insane. At most mine is 8 min flights

Drilled out holes in the legs. Carved out some of the internal bracing.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7852&p=67323&hilit=lightening#p67323

panhygrous pantler said:
-Simonsays Landing gear
-Tarot Gimbal
-Original P2 props
-2800 Mad Dog batteries
-led on the battery door

The best upgrade:

My new P2 H3-3D

what all did u have to upgrade to make the zenmuse work on your original phantom?

Brothainchrist06 said:
panhygrous pantler said:
-Simonsays Landing gear
-Tarot Gimbal
-Original P2 props
-2800 Mad Dog batteries
-led on the battery door

The best upgrade:

My new P2 H3-3D

what all did u have to upgrade to make the zenmuse work on your original phantom?

Just the upgrade board and some longer legs (and the tilt lever if you want to control that). You can mount it with some 6mm spacers, or use DJI's mount for the P1: http://www.maniacshobbycomplex.com/dji- ... antom.html

excellent, thank you sir!

I have P1 v1.1. I have only added the Anti Vibration Low Profile Carbon Fiber Mount ( $12) , and a Mobious action cam ( $70 for 1080p camera).

lalvar40 said:
I have P1 v1.1. I have only added the Anti Vibration Low Profile Carbon Fiber Mount ( $12) , and a Mobious action cam ( $70 for 1080p camera).

How do you go with that set up? Is it purely an FPV machine or do you get good videos from it?
EDIT oh i see you didn't include any FPV equipment.

Phantom 1.1.1
Airy Gimbal
Immersion 600 mW tx with Spironet antennas
Mobius camera
LED headlight
Drilled holes and Re routed battery cable so I can plug in battery from the outside
Soldered up power splitter to power gimbal, tx and headlight

OZZYGUY :
How do you go with that set up? Is it purely an FPV machine or do you get good videos from it?
EDIT oh i see you didn't include any FPV equipment.
As you noticed already, I have not gone thru FPV experience yet. Regarding my set up, video works well w/o wind. Pictures work perfectly in any condition. I set up mobius for a picture every 10 seconds, and they look great.

I have a 1.1.1 and I didn't like the front to back stability when landing, so I made some skis out of uhmw "cutting board" material I had some strips of. In between the holes is recessed for the zipties to make a smooth surface.

THe mobius mount you see I cut out of the gopro mount that came with the phantom, it works great for stills, but not so much for video. Tons of jello.
Simple aluminum mount for the tx.

Then I made this to reduce jello.

It's aluminum sheet with some rubber grommets from the hardware store, and the loops are elastic tarp straps cut to length and crimped into a yellow (10-12awg) electrical butt connectors, stripped of their insulation. I initially tried using nylon bolts through the grommets, but they transferred too much vibration. I may break down and buy some rubber balls for it, but I was just having fun in the shed on a saturday. :D
Still waiting on my monitor to show up for the fpv experience.
For any of you running the mobius with fpv, can you record stills on the camera and get video feed on the fpv? Is the fpv stills?

20+ minutes airborne

A few days ago I removed my anti-jello mount by cartwheeling my Phantom across the field. Worst landing yet but the grass was soft.

Yesterday, I put P2 props on for the first time. With no other attachments to the aircraft, I saw a significant increase in flight times.

first flight - oem battery 2200mah: 15m30s
second flight - oem battery 2200mah: 15m
third flight - Mad Dog 2700mah: 20m30s

To be installed this weekend:
Tarot gimbal
Fat Shark Predator V2 TX

On order:
Simensays foldable landing gear and add-on kit.

Re: 20+ minutes airborne

Clipper707 said:
first flight - oem battery 2200mah: 15m30s
second flight - oem battery 2200mah: 15m
third flight - Mad Dog 2700mah: 20m30s

Do you happen to know what your voltages are on your batt after you land, and your total Phantom weight when flying?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.