Post your personal best range P3P/Adv

Using 10 different kinds of batteries Tony
Ok so with your batteries. What is the best flight time you are getting? Really want to get a 30k ft trip in one way. But will be happy with 20k which is more reasonable. I might can reach that with stock but nice to know I'm not under pressure because of battery. Also I am
Not sure how you have that hooked up to your current battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Awesome! That battery is some find! How do you attach it under the VPS? Any pictures to share?
I was wondering the easiest way to mod it. If I can get 39 mins of flight time I don't care what it looks like.

Heres the best way ive found to mount mine, velcro on the VPS will get you started, but I still wanted some security to make sure the mammoth doesn't come loose during flight. I tried tapes to strap it under the legs but it still didn't balance it right, so I went with an old trick using a zip tie strap and two screws. With the combo of that in the Velcro on the VPS(VPS shut off in app of course)it's rocksolid now. Here's some pics
Dropbox - multi star battery install

Holy crap. The son of King Kong there. Ok. I will see if one of the other forum members I know can do that setup for me.

I would like to find some that hang down the sides so its better for the props to do their job.
Tom Parker at Horizon Midwest has generously built (on his own dime)and sent me a custom pair of 5200 mAh split HV battery to test and post the result on Phantom Pilots, if the results produced positive flight times he's going to make them available to the general public. They should be in the mail tomorrow and I should have decent test weather Saturday so keep posted.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459951237.158069.jpg

We all know now that the V-3 split dji bat mod DOES NOT produce the kind of flight times that were promised. So maybe these will be the answer.

Last edited:
Db. I have a question. Did you mod the original phantom battery yourself for the v-3 split or did you buy it like that ? If so from where? And did you get the answer to your question about the lights flashing when you charge it. Not sure how you are charging this thing.

Db. I have a question. Did you mod the original phantom battery yourself for the v-3 split or did you buy it like that ? If so from where? And did you get the answer to your question about the lights flashing when you charge it. Not sure how you are charging this thing.

I do mod my own batteries with XT 60s which is all you really need to run a solo external battery! That one in the picture was modded by Horizon and has a balance plug added because it goes with the V3 mod.(which doesn't work well) so you don't need the battery to have the balance plug just charge the external batteries on a battery charger that is LI HV capable.

And withthe lights ? I think you're referring to my post on the V3 mod where early on the DJI battery LEDs were not flashing while charging. That was cleared up soon after when I realize I just need to start charging the main battery for 30 seconds first then plug in the external's,then everything was fine

It's up to you Tony, what you spend your money on, but I don't recommend the Dji split mod known as the Horizon V3. Most of us only got an average of 3 to 5 more minutes than your standard smart battery out of it

Holy crap. The son of King Kong there. Ok. I will see if one of the other forum members I know can do that setup for me.

You can do it Tony! That's half the fun. We will guide you through it

If only 3-5 mins extra. I will pass. I was hoping like the guy above who got 39mins. He still did not say his setup.

If only 3-5 mins extra. I will pass. I was hoping like the guy above who got 39mins. He still did not say his setup.

Yeah he did, Fanti said he would be happy to oblige, and shared his set up for that long flight in post #43

Yeah. I saw him say. extra battery multistar. 4000 mah. Maybe he connected it the way you did. Not sure how he connected it to current battery. And even taped it. But many pros that I met here on the forum will know. So I will get them to look it over. Thanks.

Wow. Looked at those pics. That is very big battery. I guess it can still fly with that thing. Wow.

Yeah. I saw him say. extra battery multistar. 4000 mah. Maybe he connected it the way you did. Not sure how he connected it to current battery. And even taped it. But many pros that I met here on the forum will know. So I will get them to look it over. Thanks.

Yeah Tony, you talk it over with"The Pros" you know, This stuff isn't rocket science, nothing to it but to do it! And I've already showed you enough pics for the "how to"

Great pics by the way. I appreciate it. Will wait to see your results when you post.
Also looking at this. What was your distance? That is incredible

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great pics by the way. I appreciate it. Will wait to see your results when you post.
Also looking at this. What was your distance? That is incredible

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
That was my initial test with that battery it was 12 o'clock at night and windy so I couldnt do a real distance run, so I went out 3 miles and back a few times. Total was 73,513 feet which is about 14 miles travel. It has way more potential on a straight flight it's not so windy and it's more than 37°
Oh, and that was on the PIII standard

Yikes. On a standard. Outstanding.

Yikes. On a standard. Outstanding.

Have you not been following my other post Tony? I think when it's all said and done the summer the standard I've only been flying for two weeks is going to have a bigger distance record than my P3 A/P that I've been distance running for a half a year. It's lighter so it seems to ring more out of the battery distance wise

Have you not been following my other post Tony? I think when it's all said and done the summer the standard I've only been flying for two weeks is going to have a bigger distance record than my P3 A/P that I've been distance running for a half a year. It's lighter so it seems to ring more out of the battery distance wise
Never saw it. This is incredible. I'm just thinking even with the battery mod. How can your wifi go so far. I will look for other thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj