Post your personal best range P3P/Adv

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Also include your antenna setup.
Here's my personal best on stock antenna.

Reactions: Pluto88888
Holy Cow! 7.7 miles? Amazing. I never really went to the limits, but I started losing signal at 3000'. Got scared, turned back. Pencils out to .56 Miles ....LOL
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 10.25.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Just short of 3.5 miles with stock antennas (W323B & GL300C); had to turn around due to battery warning even though signals were still full. Got back to home point with 33% battery left.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459489057.872252.jpg

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
Late this afternoon flew with my friend his P3P (after all updates and IMU calibration) all stock drone and RC, round trip 8 miles. Waiting for him to post the screen shot of the flight data. Never had a problem, solid Tx/Rx connection all the way. Reason he stopped going forward is the battery was at 57% and had to TELL him to turn around. Landed with 6% battery left. WiFi was turned off on the iPad and all the phones around.

Here is mine first flight DBS mod 20,800ft second flight stock controller with windsurfer 18,000ft both flight with stock battery.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 885
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 831
Last edited:
Reactions: D'sAdvanced
Just short of 3.5 miles with stock antennas (W323B & GL300C); had to turn around due to battery warning even though signals were still full. Got back to home point with 33% battery left. View attachment 49132
No need to turn back when the battery warning comes on. Just monitor your remaining battery and the remaining flight time and the calculated juice to get there. Try and keep them reasonably close to each other. To get the most accurate calculation, stay relatively close to your launch altitude. Allow for any head and tail winds on the way out and back by keeping your eye on the speed at full throttle. Turn off Smart Go Home in the app to get rid of the nag warning.

Reactions: dirtybum
ive had over 12000 feet (2.27 miles)out over 24000 feet total flight in uk with low power CE mode on rc controller.still had full signals when i turned around at 12k feet.only mod is a £5 ebay windsurfer antenna mod.
kicking myself because it was perfect flying condition with zero wind,i reckon the P3A would have done 3miles out no probs.
3 miles (16000 feet is my new target )

Here is mine first flight DBS mod 20,800ft second flight stock controller with windsurfer 18,000ft both flight with stock battery.

Pluto,
How about a shot of Anfield from the drone next time;)
Were you not concerned about running out of juice on the way back, with that body of water? Reason I returned at 13.6k was because of the Missouri River the bird had to cross at the end.

Reactions: Pluto88888
No need to turn back when the battery warning comes on. Just monitor your remaining battery and the remaining flight time and the calculated juice to get there. Try and keep them reasonably close to each other. To get the most accurate calculation, stay relatively close to your launch altitude. Allow for any head and tail winds on the way out and back by keeping your eye on the speed at full throttle. Turn off Smart Go Home in the app to get rid of the nag warning.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it once and ended up landing on the side of the road; 2000 ft short of home point. Not sure I have the guts to try it again [emoji14]

When you guys post a number, say 12000 feet, is that the greatest distance from home point or the total for round trip, out and back? I know that the Flight distance displayed on the Go app is the total trip. Just not sure what guys mean when just posting a number.

Max i had the balls to do was 3km, im not really a fan of out of line of sight flights.

When you guys post a number, say 12000 feet, is that the greatest distance from home point or the total for round trip, out and back? I know that the Flight distance displayed on the Go app is the total trip. Just not sure what guys mean when just posting a number.
Good point - we are looking for the greatest distance from home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31