Post Workflow Questions

Reaction score
I hope I'm not posting questions that have already been asked on here. Please link me if there is already a thread on this.

I'm basically wondering what everyone's workflow is in regards to the gopro footage. I've been shooting all my footage at 2.7k 24fps Protune mode. I'm editing in FCP 7. I have a gimbal, so the footage is mostly stable, but there's many shots where I'd like to stabilize them even more.

At the moment, I'm using the GoPro studio software to convert the files, and also to remove the fisheye effect. The app does a good job at the fisheye issue, but it appears to do an automatic color grade in the process. I'd rather have the "raw" look that Protune gives, and do all the color grading myself. So I've been looking for an inexpensive program (or plugin for FCP 7) to remove fisheye, and also to stabilize the video more. Everything I seem to find online is for FCP X. Does anyone know if there's anything available for FCP 7?

Also, since I'm shooting in 2.7k, in the settings of GoPro Studio, I first tried leaving the resolution at Source (2.7k), and converting them. But the Quicktime files I get don't play smoothly. Even bringing them into FCP incurs issues. Only if I change the resolution setting down to 1080p do I get files that are workable. So in that case, is there any point in shooting at 2.7k?

Thanks very much for any help

Thanks for that. But where in the GoPro app is there an option to turn off the Cineform? I can't seem to find it.

Also, do you know of any software for removing fisheye that wouldn't degrade the quality of video? I agree, when I look at the video straight from the camera compared to the files after they've gone through GoPro Studio, it's like night and day in terms of the quality. But so far I haven't found any other options.

acall said:
Thanks for that. But where in the GoPro app is there an option to turn off the Cineform? I can't seem to find it.

Also, do you know of any software for removing fisheye that wouldn't degrade the quality of video? I agree, when I look at the video straight from the camera compared to the files after they've gone through GoPro Studio, it's like night and day in terms of the quality. But so far I haven't found any other options.

I found the gopro app ruined my video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20