Post crash test / installing new camera

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently crashed my P4 into a tree, it wasn't to high but the prop broke and now the gimbal doesnt work properly. I am probably going to replace the whole gimbal / camera and sell the original for parts (the fault is it keeps turning left and wobbles a lot in flight now). DJI Go app says the gimbal motor is over loading but i can't see any damage at all inside or out apart from a small scratch where the mount had hit the inside of the mount.

I can't wait 4 - 6 weeks for DJI to repair it so this is the easiest option for now.

So i just wanted to know:

1. Has anybody replaced the whole camera system them selves yet? I have removed it to see what the problem was but couldn't see any physical damage (after re setting the IMU and compass several times) Is it as simple as bolting the new one on?

2. What would you recommend to test that craft is safe to trust after a crash? Other than the gimbal and prop there is no physical damage to be seen, i have test flown it at a very low altitude but didn't notice any thing wrong flight wise. I just don't want to send it up and then the motor gives up etc... Is it possible that the mount for the motors would be loose cracked?

I have the same problem I think. Even after boot the camera shakes and never stabilizes without ever leaving the ground. I thought I identified a hairline fracture in the yaw arm, so I ordered and installed a new one, but no change. I wonder if maybe a motor itself is out of alignment, fighting with the accelerometer. I'll be placing a call or two to find some tech support.

How did your replacement go?
I've had my camera off, on, and off again a few times now agree repair attempts.

I have replaced the camera and it was very simple. Took around 20 minutes. You can purchase a new camera at Amazon or elsewhere. I found that my crash caused the camera to collide with the main control board. This caused my P4 to fail IMU calibration which also affected my gimble control. I replaced the main control board ($78 Amazon) which took 30 minutes and now all is well.

I ended up finding a brand new camera unit on eBay for below the normal price so just fitted that and everything worked fine again. Not sure what the problem was at all but managed to sell the original unit on eBay for spares / repairs.

DroneOn I don't know how to calibrate, but it seems like it can't find level.

I don't think I have an IMU issue, I've removed camera assembly and I fly all the time line of sight. Still fun, but I can't capture any imagery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20