Post Crash No Life In Gimbal (replaced Ribbon)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Drawing on your collective intelligence I would like you to please help me if possible.

I had a minor crash, the gimbal ribbon was severed, no other damage to the gimbal other than the usual eject of the camera... Replaced the ribbon today, made sure everything was seated correctly... booted up and this happened.... can anyone help? I have just ordered another ribbon just in case but I am confused as to the intermittent signal and also the lack of movement from all 3 motors....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Help! :(

Hey guys,

Drawing on your collective intelligence I would like you to please help me if possible.

I had a minor crash, the gimbal ribbon was severed, no other damage to the gimbal other than the usual eject of the camera... Replaced the ribbon today, made sure everything was seated correctly... booted up and this happened.... can anyone help? I have just ordered another ribbon just in case but I am confused as to the intermittent signal and also the lack of movement from all 3 motors....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Help! :(
Contack @hunch -- he can help you out.

it's either the cable that was used to replace is not genuine DJI or your mainboard is not tabbed down all the way on both connectors.

Reactions: bobmyers
it's either the cable that was used to replace is not genuine DJI or your mainboard is not tabbed down all the way on both connectors.
I have serached everywhere online for genuine replacement ribbon from DJI... I hear that some non OEM have issues registering with the phantoms... I have bought another 2 ribbons which are both from different manufacturers in the hope that one of them will work...
I feel like im gonna have no hair left if it doesn work :(

No motor movement at all concerns me greatly however...

take off the plastic cover above the to gimbal arm and inspect the main board for damage, i have seen a few where the arm will flex up and crush a piece on the board. one in particular seemed ok but then would go limp after startup, it was a small piece that was crushed on the board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31