Post-Crash Inspection P3 Standard

Reaction score
Experienced a drone eating tree. Upon visual, it seems as if the damage was only to the props (some dings on the leading edges) and two cracked prop guards. Inspected the body, gimbal, etc... Did a compass calibration and IMU check. Replacing props, and will super glue the prop guard. Any other checks I should do?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ahh, I hit one of those once!

There is a P3S forum which you'd normally want to start your thread in, since this is the P3A/P forum. Or you could post your thread in the P3 Help forum.

After a crash like that, I would take the top off and carefully inspect all solder points with a magnifying glass and look for cracks. I'd test all the plugs and make sure they're in firmly. I'd definitely take a very close look at the GPS antenna (which is underneath the module) because it is brittle and cracks easily. If it is askew, it may be broken.

Thanks. Understand wrong forum, I saw that after I posted, but couldn't figure out how to delete the post or move it... Also, didn't think there was that big a difference - a caste system I guess. I'll get where I belong [emoji23]

Thank you for your thorough response Marknmd. You were very helpful. I took it for a test flight yesterday with no issue, but I will take your advice and dig deeper -may have got lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj