Post Crash Drift / Bent Motors?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have recently got my P2 vision plus back in the air after a heavy crash. I replaced the gimbal and re-soldered the SMB cable to the main circuit board. The FPV system is working perfectly, telemetry etc etc. During flight the unit now has a slight veer to the right. If i want to go in the straight line with little to no wind i have to correct the trajectory to get it to go straight. If i go forward at full speed and ease off on the throttle the units sometimes starts to drift diagonally slightly downward 45 degrees to the direction it was going and i have to correct this by applying throttle in the opposite direction - after that the drone settles down and then slowly circles in slowly circles until it holds it position although there is quite a bit of drift maybe 2-3 meters. I did not have this problem before the last crash. When i get the unit to hover at times it looks like it isn't flying level almost as if one of the motors is weak and the other engines are compensating. Also sounds like the engines working extra hard at times. I have a P2 and have tested both drones and the P2 vision plus defiantly has a bad drift to the right and left in reverse. Is there any way of knowing which engine need replacing based on what i have described? By looking at the engines i can't see any obvious differences. By spinning the engines by hand the front 2 engines feel slightly stiffer but this is quite negligible.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that i did recalibrate the software and the compass. I will redo both again and see how it goes tomorrow. Thanks.

Ok now i am embarrassed....re calibrated the GPS before my flight this morning and everything work perfectly - do drift and an awesome flight. Thanks for the tips!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20