Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Post Capture Software

Discussion in 'Editing (Photo and Video)' started by Robin Slater, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Robin Slater

Hi
    Any advice on post capture software? I have iMovie and a trial Final Cut Pro 10.2. I have a clip i took which looks fine before any editing It has a slight sweep yaw to the left and looks quite good. After I have edited it, both iMovie and FCP 10 leave it a bit juddery which is not on the original clip. Any ideas???

2. Adamation

If you're after free software theres Go Pro Studio, if you are willing to pay there Adobe Premiere Pro - Adam

3. pstockton

4. Kris@DroneCrates

Since you have used Final Cut and iMovie I would say stick with those. I use Final Cut X and it works great. If your shaky play back you might want to upgrade the RAM in you Mac as it helped a lot for me. All video work is very RAM and CPU intensive so the more you have the better.

5. Robin Slater

Thanks Ill try the ram upgrade. I have 8gb which was fine for stills but guess ill UG to 16gb.

I have stacks to learn about in this area, my guess is this won't be the last time I pester you guys about this.

Happy flying

6. Kris@DroneCrates

Thats what I run in my Mac Book pro is 16GB. It seems to work great on Final Cut X. Only time I have issues is when the video files are not in an Apple friendly format.

7. Sammynels

I'm pretty happy with Wundershare's Video Editor. Point and click, drag movie clip into position, add sound and transitions, text, picture in picture, special effects. it's powerful yet easy. I tried it for an hour and then bought it. I bought the "one computer" version but it loaned at home, work and laptop.

8. James Connerly

I have noticed that my videos aren't smooth during the editing process with FCP X but are good to go when I save(share) them. It is due to the background processing that is going on while your editing.