Possible to watch 4k footage direct to 4k tv?

Reaction score
Do I need hardware and software set up or can I watch 4k footage directly on 4k tv?

Do I need hardware and software set up or can I watch 4k footage directly on 4k tv?
My Samsung 4K TV will play the P3's 4K videos by just plugging the micro SD card into my Transcend adapter and the adapter into a USB port on the TV.

That adapter is $6.29 at Amazon with Prime shipping.

I've only tried the 3840 x 2160 version of 4K since that's the native resolution of 4K TVs.

(Edited- USB port, not HDMI, Duh!)

Last edited:
How does it look? Like it needs to be put through some software, or does it look great? I'm New to 4k.

I have a Samsung 4k tv as well, and just tried it out last night and it is incredible. Super clear. Can't wait to take more videos!

How does it look? Like it needs to be put through some software, or does it look great? I'm New to 4k.
The 4K video straight from the P3 is really good. A professional photographer friend of ours was astounded at the stability, quality and color rendition he saw when I showed it to him. He was especially surprised considering the video was shot with "Auto" settings by a guy with about 1/1000 of his knowledge.

I have a USB card reader plugged into the USB port on my Samsung.
Just insert the micro SD card and the TV pops up with the video player.
4k plays perfectly.

Reactions: Dadcat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie