Possible to view on 2 screens

Reaction score
Is it possible to view the Visions live output onto two screens. I want one on my iPhone which is on my transmitter to control camera and the other on an iPad or similar device for a friend to see whats going on.

tomwato said:
Is it possible to view the Visions live output onto two screens. I want one on my iPhone which is on my transmitter to control camera and the other on an iPad or similar device for a friend to see whats going on.
Get the iPhone HDMI adapter, and plug the phone's HDMI video output into a portable TV or monitor.

If you have an iDevice or Android device that can output HDMI then you can use anything that accepts HDMI in to view the output of your app screen. Zeiss Cinemizer googles for example have been used. You could also use an HDMI to RCA adapter to get video into devices that don't have HDMI...

Maybe I'm missing something (which happens a lot), but can you install the DJI app on multiple devices, and have them all connected to the Vision's wifi at the same time?

GneeChee said:
Maybe I'm missing something (which happens a lot), but can you install the DJI app on multiple devices, and have them all connected to the Vision's wifi at the same time?
Nope. Technically, you can connect multiple devices to the Vision's Wi-Fi hub (the extender box) at the same time - so they are all on the same network. But only ONE device at a time can log into the camera - it's single-user.

If you have Android, there are apps that let you mirror the phone's screen to another Android device, assuming both devices are connected to the Vision's Wi-Fi hub. There was a thread today discussing this:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8572

Apple iOS devices have built-in AirPlay mirroring - but unfortunately, there's no supported way to mirror to another iPhone or iPad. There used to be apps that let you do this ("AirPlay Receiver" apps), but Apple removed them all from the App Store back in 2012. Maybe if your iPhone is jailbroken...

But there are AirPlay Receiver apps for PCs and Macs - so you could mirror the iPhone's screen on a laptop:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php? ... 21&p=50000

For those that are sensitive, this is a duplicate post (sue me ;-)

In my experience, this will dramatically reduce the range and reliability of the P2V wifi. So much so that I now "forget" the P2V network on everything (tablets / phones) that I have except for the phone that I use to connect to the P2V.
It perplexed me for a while why my range would be dramatically less from one flight to another. Turns out that it was my tablet waking up on it's own and connecting to the P2V network. At one time I liked to switch between tablet and phone (depending on the size of the screen I wanted on a given flight.) I finally diagnosed it to this and since forgetting the network on my tablets and other phones, the problem has been eliminated.

Might work better for you, but for me this was a major frustration, so thought I would share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers