Possible to use ESC from P2 on P1?

Reaction score
Hello all;

Did some searching around the forums before asking the question, and didn't find much. My situation is that I ordered replacement motors and ESC's for what I thought was a Phantom 2 (purchased used from someone). I'm new to the drone scene, so I figured it was a pretty good deal (came with lots of extras). Anyhow, I was flying it around my apartment in Seoul and it lost GPS lock and didn't respond to my receivers commands, thus crashing from around 12 ft. Two motors were shot, and I don't know if the ESC's are good or not. I ordered replacement "AntiGravity T-Motors" and replacement ESC's. Received everything today and noticed immediately that the ESC's are not the same in terms of interconnectivity.

Can I somehow use these ESC's with my P1 daughterboard? Or do I need to find some P1 ESC's? The place I ordered the ESC's from does not currently have any P1 ESC's in stock. :( Should I instead order the P2 daughterboard? and if I do that, do I also need to order a new flight controller? or can I reuse the existing one?

Thanks in advance.

The Phantom 1 ESC' are different and are ordered also by color led. They have different connections and hook up and use totally different firmware. Not interchangeable. Buy the correct ones and sell the P2 stuff.

Reactions: cliff p
The Phantom 1 ESC' are different and are ordered also by color led. They have different connections and hook up and use totally different firmware. Not interchangeable. Buy the correct ones and sell the P2 stuff.
Thanks for the information. I'm going to attempt to first reuse the current ESC's just in case.

Put everything together today with the original ESC's, and she runs :) I'll first try to return the ESC's to amainhobbies and see if they'll take them (don't see why not?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.