Possible to link RC to P3A/P without camera?

Reaction score
I plan to get a P3A/P without camera for long distance flights. From what I've read, it seems it's not possible to link the RC to this new AC without a camera. Can somebody confirm this? Thanks

I bought a damaged P3A without camera, remote or battery.
Then picked up the rest on EBay, no issues linking the remote as the bird came with the gimbal. Can use DJI Go with theP3A.
Flysgreat having issue updating the bird with sd card.
My buddy is flying a P3S with out a camera also using DJI Go app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I bought a damaged P3A without camera, remote or battery.
Then picked up the rest on EBay, no issues linking the remote as the bird came with the gimbal. Can use DJI Go with theP3A.
Flysgreat having issue updating the bird with sd card.
My buddy is flying a P3S with out a camera also using DJI Go app.

Sorry...I meant without gimbal and camera. Will it be able to link?

Did not try to link the 3A without gimbal, did on the 3S and it did and we flew it.
But line of sight only as no DJI Go app without gimbal.
For the 3S we just bought the gimbal off of EBay.

Reactions: mandalay
Yes, you should be able to link the 3A without a gimbal. I recently crashed my bird (pure operator error - lost SA and let a tree sneak up a new grab the bird) and the shell mounted gimbal bracket broke and the flat cable destroyed. While waiting for replacement parts, I hooked everything back up to chance out the other components and, thankfully, it flew just fine. I don't think the link process cares about the video transmission, just the command/control interface. Go app still works, just no video, all the other telemetry such as GPS and map display worked without the gimbal came through and displayed ok.

You can link aircraft to rc without camera/gimbal, no issues. I do that often on my p3 without camera.

Cool...thanks all for your input.

Dig - I also saw this deal and that's why I asked [emoji12]

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic