Possible to build range extender into the transmitter?

Reaction score
Is it possible to build the Range Extender into the transmitter? is it ever done before i'm thinking of doing that

You would have to have some type of antenna still on top of it if you did as that's where your 2.4's are .
I added an itelite to my P2 and moved my extender here .
IMG_3927.JPG IMG_4609.JPG Might not be what you have in mind but is what I did .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
everything fits now i have to wait for the connectors and i have to find someway to charge the extender and turn it on
i think i can use the usb port of the controller to charge and maybe use the s2 switch to turn it on any ideas?

Attachments

• c65256db-5e37-4782-a9dc-62be4cd8d252.jpg
    c65256db-5e37-4782-a9dc-62be4cd8d252.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 540
Well you need the usb port you have for your TX and not sure if putting your battery over the 5.8 module would cause any interference or not .
Really not sure to be honest but till ya try we won't know . Not really sure I would want to use my S2 switch but for what it's for but I use it a lot .
When I was trying to figure out how to get it in there I just gave up and put it where I did for that panel .

A "MIA" sticker on the r/c? Hope you don't have too many of those.[emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
No No ,You would have to go back and read this MIA / FOUND ! and then another where that bird fell 249'
and totaled .That's where the name Mia came from :)
I changed it from that to Mia cause after I looked at that I though what you did :)

Reactions: captainmilehigh
No No ,You would have to go back and read this MIA / FOUND ! and then another where that bird fell 249'
and totaled .That's where the name Mia came from :)
I changed it from that to Mia cause after I looked at that I though what you did :)

Ok, now I get it. I've only crunched one bird so far. Full speed into a corner of a building. Total pilot error. Now a parts bird, but it kinda' gives me a different outlook on showing off too much. Gets expensive. [emoji383]

Ok, now I get it. I've only crunched one bird so far. Full speed into a corner of a building. Total pilot error. Now a parts bird, but it kinda' gives me a different outlook on showing off too much. Gets expensive. [emoji383]

Oh yea . A member sent me that sticker . I just keep rebuilding my P2V and says Mia3 but really should say about 7 :rolleyes:
Sorry for getting OT on ya Vlee .
Am looking forward to what you end up with .

Alright i have made a cut out and i am extending the battery power wire to put it on another place to avoind interferance

Attachments

• IMG_20160713_154339.jpg
    IMG_20160713_154339.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 512
  • IMG_20160713_154335.jpg
    IMG_20160713_154335.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 499
soldered the on/off switch from the range extender to the on/off switch of the controller and it works!!! moved the battery up so i have no interferance now waiting for my
ufl to rp-sma connectors btw the white stuff is not chewing gum (idk what it is)

Attachments

• IMG_20160713_183818.jpg
    IMG_20160713_183818.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
hot glue :D still waiting for my rp-sma connector : (
Looks good and can't wait to see how it works out inside !
Waiting for those is like watching water to boil . I buy them in bunch's because of that . Been there and is a pain eh :) lol

Reactions: Vleestoeter
Looks good and can't wait to see how it works out inside !
Waiting for those is like watching water to boil . I buy them in bunch's because of that . Been there and is a pain eh :) lol
thanks i'm am leaving 22th to croatia so i hope i have them before i leave. for now i am using the old antenna of the range extender (not on the picture) and it works pretty well

thanks i'm am leaving 22th to croatia so i hope i have them before i leave. for now i am using the old antenna of the range extender (not on the picture) and it works pretty well
Fingers crossed for luck buddy :)

Reactions: Vleestoeter
Just got a text message that a package got delivered currently on Amsterdam so i'll check when i'm home fingers crossed the connectors are delivered

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31