possible to adapt DJI Ground Station w/Bluetooth w/Phantom1?

Reaction score
Hello,

Im a relatively new user with not so deep pockets but looking to upgrade my filming experience with my GoPro. I recently purchased the Phantom original because it was the least expensive but I was unaware when I purchased it that it would not be compatible right off the bat with the ground station app like the Phantom 2 is. Im getting better at flying but it would be nice to have preset flight plans with more stable filming than I am able to do myself. Is it possible to adapt the phantom original model with the bluetooth capabilities that the phantom 2 has for setting flight plans with the iPad app? I am looking to not have to invest so much money that I would have been better off just buying the phantom 2. Thanks!

Re: possible to adapt DJI Ground Station w/Bluetooth w/Phant

Definitely possible but the additional weight is going to reduce your flight time. In order to use the iPad Ground Station more effectively I converted my P1.0 to a P1.5 -- which allows me to use larger batteries. I regularly use the GS for filming and still images and now enjoy flight times between 12-13 minutes.

Check the epic thread on the P1.5 conversion. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to do this nor does it require special skilling (beyond soldering). Highly recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4