Possible solution to glare on screen problem!

I've used the NuShield brand for my SUV navigation and it was horrible. The current glare screen I bought off Amazon (has a matte finish) works much better and cost far less (plus, it came with 3, not just 1 for $18 like NuShield).

I've used the NuShield brand for my SUV navigation and it was horrible. The current glare screen I bought off Amazon (has a matte finish) works much better and cost far less (plus, it came with 3, not just 1 for $18 like NuShield).
I have not used nushield, I ordered one but I am waiting for it to arrive. I just saw it in the dji forum and thought it looked good so I figured I would share it.
There are several different types, just out of curiosity which one did you try that you were not satisfied with ?
I ordered the Dayvue, which I think is there newest version and specifically made for outdoor use with sun.
When I receive it I will let you guys know if it works any better than the Tech Armor one I am currently using.

How about a link to the one you like?

Thanks, Jim

The new iPad Pro 9.7 works amazing...its alot brighter and the anti glare is awesome.... Lil pricey but now I can finally see!!!

it's at the top..."ordering instructions"
Doh.... I was searching for Dayvue in the "select model" drop down instead of "Apple",..... Yes I know !, but in my defence I did have a thick head from the previous nights 1 1/2 bottles of red wine a big gin & tonic, and a couple of beers...
Thanks for the link, please let us know how well it works out in the field, when you get chance.
Regards Waylander

Just ordered one. We'll see how it works. I think in conjunction with a hood/shade it should do the job....

I'm curious too what "RadRich" found objectionable about the Nushield. Like did it reduce touch screen sensitivity? Blur the images? what exactly made it horrible...

What is it that you bought for your SUV?

I have not used nushield, I ordered one but I am waiting for it to arrive. I just saw it in the dji forum and thought it looked good so I figured I would share it.
There are several different types, just out of curiosity which one did you try that you were not satisfied with ?
I ordered the Dayvue, which I think is there newest version and specifically made for outdoor use with sun.
When I receive it I will let you guys know if it works any better than the Tech Armor one I am currently using.
Mine was a Dayvue. I'm pretty sure it's made from the same material.

The one bad thing about anti-glare screens... if you have polarized eyeglasses (sunglasses), you won't be able to see the screen, lol. Totally sucks as the screen is completely dark because of the polarized lens.

Got my Nushield today. Works pretty good in sunlight. With a sunshade its really good.

On the downside, there are "air bubbles" around the edges on one side. Its like the Nushield is not laying flat on the edges so air is getting in between the film and the iPad glass. No amount of using a flat edge like a plastic squeegee or a cloth to move the bubbles out will "seal" the nushield to the glass on this one side.

Its really minor but looks crappy on that edge.... I've used stuff like this (not Nushield) on my wife's and my Minis and air standard iPads with no issues...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik