Possible new tablet option

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just to say hello. I'm totally new to this fascinating hobby and am really looking forward to all the possibilities that it can bring. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you all, as I try and get the better of my new toy, which I'll just say is a P2 vision + V2 which my darling wife bought for me for Christmas from a good friend, who it seems, only flew it a handful of times. He wasn't any more tech savvy than me so is unable to help with updates and all the other things that you 'pro's' all seem to do automatically !

My first query, which I hope someone will have an opinion on is on a tablet which may be a possible contender for a really low price 7" screen. If I was more competent at attaching links I would, but the tablet is a "Clas Ohlsen product and described simply as : ~ TrekStor SurfTab breeze 7.0 plus Tablet.

It's spec. is : ~ Android 4.2.2 with a dual core 1.0Gh processor, @ £39.99 (possibly with a 20% discount) The question therefore is "Will it work ?" I'm currently having trouble with a Samsung Galaxy Fame which is rather hit and miss but I've also considered a Hudl2. Your thoughts would be really appreciated.

Incidentally if there's anyone in the Norwich/Attleborough area that would be willing to give a very 'non techy' pensioner a few useful pointers, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Stebbo

I have used a very cheap £40 ish tablet from ebay, and yes it works,but the problem is the screen is just not bright enough outdoors.
I use a Nexus 7 with Litchi and it works extremely well.The screen brightness is very good. There are still a few first gen Nexus 7 tablets available very cheap, the main difference between first and second gen Nexus is the first does not have front facing camera, which if you do not do skype etc is not important.
An ipad mini would be overkill, and Litchi is not available for P2V on IOS.
I usually mount the tablet on a tripod,it is a bit unwieldy fixed to the controller.
Enjoy your flying.

Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't know much about the Nexus but there seems to be loads on eBay at around £25 which have got to be worth a look. I'm currently trying to sideload the vision app onto my wife's Hudl 2 with very little success as I understand that's a tablet worth a look and if I play my cards right I'm sure I could borrow that in the meantime ! I'd still be interested to know if anyone had come across the Clas Ohlsen tablet 'cos that comes with a two year guarantee and is a third the price of a Hudl.

Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't know much about the Nexus but there seems to be loads on eBay at around £25 which have got to be worth a look. I'm currently trying to sideload the vision app onto my wife's Hudl 2 with very little success as I understand that's a tablet worth a look and if I play my cards right I'm sure I could borrow that in the meantime ! I'd still be interested to know if anyone had come across the Clas Ohlsen tablet 'cos that comes with a two year guarantee and is a third the price of a Hudl.
I have helped another local pilot install and use the Nexus,and he is very happy,from my limited trawl of the forums, the Nexus seems to have few if any problems, I have an iphone with the DJI app installed, but never use it.
I like to cache google maps and use ground station, and once again it all works perfectly on the Nexus, you will not be disappointed with a Nexus, the screen is amongst the best.

Enjoy your flying

Hi i am currently using the breeze tab and it works well for me the picture is not as crisp as my iPhone but the size difference makes up for it and for 40 quid you can't moan

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks guys for your very useful replies. It's good to know that the breeze works. That's the great thing about forums they're such a great source of information. Before today I knew nothing about the Nexus and it seems to me if the picture on the breeze isn't quite as sharp as it could be then with such positive comments about the Nexus I'll keep an eye out on eBay.
No offence John and thanks for your comments !!!
In the meantime however, and much to my surprise I actually managed to download - sorry, do I mean sideload ? the Vision APK onto the wife's Hudl2. A static test on the carpet seems to be fully functioning. I guess the real test will be outside. Let's hope the weather's kind tomorrow.
Thanks again guys. I'm sure I'll be back with some more question quite soon !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers