possible new P4 owner

Regarding distance flown away from you I did a little experiment yesterday, as follows . . .

There's a flatish valley near where I live, it goes on for about a mile and 3/4. I took off and went to 397 feet altitude and flew up the valley, my idea was to see if I could reach the end where it levels out and carries on for a few more miles. Line of sight (LOS flying) all the way, although too far really to see the Phantom at that distance. I had a couple of video loss moments but then at 4978 feet of distance I lost RC signal. As required the Phantom did as it should, alerted me and went into RTH mode and came back to the T/O point under its own direction. Perfect.

However WHY only 5000 feet distance, well I believe the reason was this, about 70 feet from the T/O point (and directly on route) was a group of mature Ash trees (about40 feet tall and in full leaf), whilst I was fairly close to the T/O pint this was no problem, however as I got further away so the LOV between the Transmitter and the Phantom got narrowed down until one was obscured from the other by the trees, thus loss of signal.

Would those with more experience than me agree that this was probably the cause?

I also later went into 'Sport Mode', I've not don't that much. I recorded 74.9 mph, whooo that,s pretty darn fast, it brought a devilish grin to my face!:innocent::sunglasses::innocent:

I have not ventured into Sport Mode yet, but 74.9mph is amazing! Assuming that's not a typo :)

I guess that was wind assisted?

Excellent,really liked the Old derelict mill, and the brave fly through the suspension bridge. We really have some excellent filming locations over here.
Thankyou, the old mill is an excellent place to fly, although I've had a few close calls in there

Thankyou, the old mill is an excellent place to fly, although I've had a few close calls in there
Well as the thread is about the P4, yes I love mine, and also I live in Mill House, and I love old industrial heritage.
I live on the coast and have amazing landscape to film just outside my front door.
I upgraded from a P2v+ the improvement is amazing. The P4 is amazing, if in doubt just buy one.

Reactions: jskdog
Well as the thread is about the P4, yes I love mine, and also I live in Mill House, and I love old industrial heritage.
I live on the coast and have amazing landscape to film just outside my front door.
I upgraded from a P2v+ the improvement is amazing. The P4 is amazing, if in doubt just buy one.
It does look a superb quad, and I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from people on here

In reply to the comments above

I guess that was wind assisted?

Surely. The max speed in sport mode is only 44 MPH with no wind.

Yes it WAS wind assisted but only by about 15 mph, and in regard to the max at 44, well I don't know anything about that, I'm just saying what the record says. Yes I was surprised too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20