Possible drone left on the White House lawn

Probably a low battery landing or a flyaway by an idiot tourist looking to get a good view of the White House. This is one time you don't want a "If Found Please Call...." sticker on your bird. LOL

MapMaker53 said:
Probably a low battery landing or a flyaway by an idiot tourist looking to get a good view of the White House. This is one time you don't want a "If Found Please Call...." sticker on your bird. LOL
I'm guessing the serial number will work for the NSA.

There is legislation to prohibit "drones" coming through Washington State and Mississippi. I'm sure this will be used as "anti-drone" fodder. I'm sure the pilot wasn't thinking of implications for the rest of us across the country as he was flying over the White House.

What a completely irresponsible way to screw our hobby...on the white house lawn...what an idiot

Could be potential terrorists testing the water. Either way the White House needs to stop being so naive and come up with some star trek shield to protect it.

terrylowe said:
There is legislation to prohibit "drones" coming through Washington State and Mississippi. I'm sure this will be used as "anti-drone" fodder. I'm sure the pilot wasn't thinking of implications for the rest of us across the country as he was flying over the White House.
Was there really a UAV/Drone pilot involved ?

Without supporting pictures and such, was it a $30 Air Hog type copter toy ?

terrylowe said:

No, Washington state is not trying to ban drones, Our state lawmakers are attempting to make it illegal to photograph people on private property without permission. A similar bill was vetoed by our Governor last session, but this bill may have more teeth.

Also the Whitehouse drone crashed at 3:08 am, probably not a tourist?

GoodnNuff said:
terrylowe said:

No, Washington state is not trying to ban drones, Our state lawmakers are attempting to make it illegal to photograph people on private property without permission. A similar bill was vetoed by our Governor last session, but this bill may have more teeth.

I think thats a safe assumption that this was not a tourist.

What a tourist wouldn't possibly come from a different time zone and it'd be normal to be up at 3am Washington time?

As a alert as Washington security has been, drone could have been sitting there for a day or so.

Edit: I see they are saying they saw it fly.

GoodnNuff said:

A report I saw said it was FOUND at that time. News tends not to get things right so who knows.

UPDATE: Okay, I see now that it was seen while it was in the air.

Reports now say the pilot has turned himself in. It was a Phantom he was flying. They are showing pictures, it had prop guards that were all broken. Some local government worker there using it for recreation. So we shall see where this all leads....

Saw this on Twitter....

On another note, people have shot at the White House and they still let people have guns.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 471
"drone belonged to a government employee who said he lost control of it."

So, gotta wonder what caused the loss of control, and seeing how it is a Phantom how did it even take off in an FRZ? Seeing how it was a government employee and the media is now "banging gongs", knowing how easy panic legislation is passed, one has to wonder. Additionally, failure to adhere to the mandates of an FRZ is only criminal if the operator knows the restriction. Joe sixpack gets a pass. Looks like a setup to me. Then again, stupid is as stupid does.

Lets see DJI explain the flyaway that landed on the White House. Why is a Governement employee flying at 3:00am? We are missing something here. Lets not rule out a late night training exercise that went wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl