Possible CSC IN Flight?

Reaction score
Not sure if this was an inflight CSC but the Phantom 3 Pro just fellout of the sky.

First flight of the day , I was in IOC mode , course Lock mode. P3 had been flying well. I was maybe 400 ft away and about 80 feet hight. I had the right control down bringing the P3 closer to me and descending with the left control . P3 lost power and dropped out of the sky. Can I have possibly gone into CSC mode??

Lucky for me it landed in a grassy area , just slight damage to one of the landing gears. I not 100% sure but I might have had both controls in down position since I was bringing the P3 closer to me and descending.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

CSC to cut motors off are both sticks down and in. Were your sticks in this position? Right control down bringing it close to you means you were moving it backwards. If both sticks are straight down, it wouldn't turn off the motors. Left stick down will not cut off the motors until you are on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Blupie
Replay the flight on your tablet. You get the stick positions. It is actually pretty hard to do an unintended CSC. You have to be wanting to descend, rotate right and move laterally to the left and backwards simultaneously.

You might want to upload the flight logs. Sounds like something else happened.

Reactions: Blupie
If you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here, we can take a look at it.

Please upload your TXT flight log here too.

Your log shows you did a CSC at the very end. Here's what your sticks looked like at that time:

CSC.png

You'll see the same thing if you play the log back in DJI GO.

Your log shows you did a CSC at the very end. Here's what your sticks looked like at that time:

View attachment 59888

You'll see the same thing if you play the log back in DJI GO.

Thank you very much msinger, definitely looks like operator error. I would have sworn I went strait down on both controls but I was wrong. I will order the CSC Safety device from Mike and be a little more careful. Good to know where I made the mistake.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:
My CSC Safety will definitely prevent the sticks from being accidentally crossed mid-flight. Other than using something like that, the only thing you can do is try to be more aware of what you're doing with the sticks. It's easier said than done sometimes I guess.

My CSC Safety will definitely prevent the sticks from being accidentally crossed mid-flight. Other than using something like that, the only thing you can do is try to be more aware of what you're doing with the sticks. It's easier said than done sometimes I guess.
Thanks singer,
just ordered your CSC Safety device and yes I will be more aware of it now.

Thank you very much msinger, definitely looks like operator error. I would have sworn I went strait down on both controls but I was wrong. I will order the CSC Safety device from Mike and be a little more careful. Good to know where I made the mistake.

You call it operator error. I call it a design error.
What you described is definitely not the violent flight commands that many will claim is required in order to invoke an accidental CSC.

I often land the same way. I face the Phantom away from me and I bring it back towards me while simultaneously descending. Little taps of both sticks to the left and right are often required to keep it aligned and oriented the way I want it to be. If I weren't hyper-aware of the CSC command, I'm certain I would have triggered it accidentally at least once by now.

I generally have been trying to avoid these CSC threads because each time I read one, I get myself all worked up about just how stupid the implementation of this one feature has been! If there was any damage - I'd open a ticket up with DJI and claim it was a design error that caused it. You won't win a free repair/replacement since it's fully documented - but you may end up getting a 15-30% discount.... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4