Possible battery problem?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I've been noticing that my flights are getting shorter than before.
I timed my flight times and I am getting under 15 minute flights with both my batteries. That is from 100% to 30% in under 15 minutes.
One of my batteries says 28 charges and 4250 mAH capacity. The other one says 16 charges and 4347 mAH capacity.
Am I being paranoid? Is there something I can do to reset the capacity or the battery entirely? Also, the number of charges seems low to me..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try to discharge batteries down to 4% or so and charge them back to 100% in cold contain and then check the capacity. If the battery condition is good, it will recover the capacity.

Anyway 15 mins flying is not bad aS flying time depends on many factors.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I will try that thank you. I was thinking that 15 minutes was ok... I just felt like I've gotten more out of them before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All rechargeable batteries naturally degrade over time with use. There's nothing you can do to "reset" the capacity. My battery has 33 charge cycles on it and is down to 4310 mAh. My last flight was 18.5 minutes and I ran it down to 22%. Less than 15 minutes to 30% may be slightly on the low side, but there are a lot of other factors at play other than the battery itself such as ambient temperature, wind and flying style.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello one thing do not let the battery
Be exposed to temps above 90 degrees
This will damage the battery
Do not leave in a hot car or in the sun .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl