Possessed gimbal

Reaction score
I was sitting at the kitchen table tonight playing around with different camera settings and more or less just familiarizing myself with the different operations and all of the sudden my gimbal went all crazy wildly spinning around, making weird noises then just went limp. I quickly attempted to shut it down at the battery but it wouldn't shut down right away, instead it took a few seconds while the battery light flashed red. once it shut down I checked everything, shut down and restarted the DJI go app and then fired up the bird at the battery. everything fired up as normal but the gimbal remained limp so I shut the bird down once again shut off the RC, removed the bird battery and inspected the gimbal...All looked good so I inserted a different battery started up the rc and app then started the bird up... all fired up as normal. I then shut everything down, removed the batt and went searching here for similar occurrences...Not finding any I posted here. The unit has 14 flights most recent being today where I flew 3 separate batteries for a total of ~ one hour while the temperature was around freezing (0*C~32*F) last landing around 6 hours before this occurrence. The Battery that was installed initially in the bird had 2 flights on it, most recent one being today.

Has anyone seen anything happen like this before or have any suggestions what I should look for? At this moment I don't want to fly it and have it shut down mid flight.

Thanks in advance.

No replies and no repeats...I guess it is a one off glitch. I hovered the bird off the deck at five feet with the same battery that was installed when it glitched, 15 minutes hovering and no problems. I then flew another 3 packs and 45 minutes without issue, hopefully it never happens again....Fingers crossed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers