Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Positive report of quad aircraft working with local firefighters

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by JDGecko, Nov 5, 2015.

1. JDGecko

Mr.Spock likes this.
  2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Press is always negative... because that's what people want to read. Press would be largely ignored if it discussed the thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of uneventful flights that occurred daily.

3. Jeff48920

Thanks for sharing this positive news story. Every time I see a crap story about how drones are evil I am emailing this to the editors.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Editors know bad press sells though. They gotta bring in the dollars ;)

5. Jeff48920

Well maybe they will want to start a pissing match with me. I'm retired and own a computer and having nothing better to do than write sponsors that the media their advertising dollars support is missing a way to attract viewership. Do you know what sells media besides out and out fear? .........Controversy.

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Haha... yes, sir :)

Jeff48920 likes this.
  7. jason

For one thing I see nothing positive about Midrone's aerial coverage that wasn't cover by Channel 4 News coverage both on the ground and aerial didn't cover. The fire departments didn't any help from Bill Adams on ware to direct water while fighting that fire. Mr Adams was doing nothing more then show boating. I live in the Walled Lake area and it was worth my time to go there and video tape the fire.

8. JDGecko

What you say may be accurate but in the public eye, it's a positive. That was my point.

9. jason

Difference of opinion.

I seen nothing in that article by Carol Hopkins of the Oakland Press that promoted a positive outlook toward UAV's If you want to call self promoting one's business then that's exactly what he did but he didn't portray our hobby in a positive light to anyone.

10. BillG

Wow, I thought that was a great article. Sure, it helped promote his business, but he did it while talking to the fire department and the Fire Captain even said it was "definitely helpful." It was all positive, nothing negative whatsoever. I don't understand how anyone could have any hostility toward that article and what happened with the drone.

GoodnNuff likes this.