Positive DJI Support Experience

Reaction score
I know there's lots of horror stories, but I wanted to share a pretty positive support experience I had with DJI, hopefully it helps someone in the future.

Background:
My Phantom 3 Pro was still in warranty.

Issue:
My camera was acting strange - the horizon was very very crooked and would reset each power cycle:

Then, after a couple flights, it was just plain erratic:

Support Experience:
I tried the online chat and they told me to come back at a different time when US support was on, meh. I called and the wait time was insane. I put in a ticket online, and it was basically 1-2 days between responses, but I was getting somewhere. I documented with videos and descriptions what was going on and they said I would need an RMA. This time it was worth calling someone to work out the logistics. Sat on the phone for probably 40 minutes, talked to someone and she walked me through the RMA process.

I sent it back using pre-paid FedEx with all my documentation copied and printed (they give you a checklist). I checked the status a couple times a week and after they received it, it was a matter of days before it went from Waiting on Unit to Repair in Progress (not sure the exact terms). They shipped it back with no charges, and it looks like they replaced the whole gimbal and camera assembly. Same box, same drone, (still have the stickers), new gimbal and camera.

Takeaway:
I was pleasantly surprised with their service. Yes trying to get a hold of them is a PITA, but their process did work well once the ball was rolling and I was happy to hear it was no-cost. Best of luck to those that have to deal with them, but just remember its not always the nightmare others may lead you to believe.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Thank you for that posting - always good to see a positive post on service for a change and knowing it does happen (nice you took the time to post your experience as to service). Best of luck with the new setup!

@nparker13 Yes... thanks for taking the time to post something positive. It is certainly more human nature for people to complain... and I think that scares a lot of people off. But it is nice to know that people are having positive experiences!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj