Portugal

The three previous posts translate as follows. ;)

Alpha_Eagle said:
Será que existe aqui alguém a voar na zona de Amarante?
Is there anyone here flying in the area of Amarante ?

Wolfinze said:
Aveiro existe...
Aveiro there ...

Wolfinze said:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36513

I sent a PM suggesting they use English.

I don't understand. Why should they use English? This is a Portuguese flyer looking for other Portuguese flyers in their home country of Portugal. Are we to assume that this forum is for English speakers only? This thread is of no interest to those of you Stateside so does it really matter what language they conduct the post in? As an English person living in Portugal I am quite able to Google Translate anything I'm not sure of.

I'm sure that if these flyers have anything of interest to the rest of us they will communicate in a way that we can all understand as has been demonstrated by Wolfzine in his post about a battery hack. Until then shall we offer a welcoming hand to all rather than chase them away.

viewtopic.php?t=36419

Jetlagged787 said:
I don't understand. Why should they use English? This is a Portuguese flyer looking for other Portuguese flyers in their home country of Portugal. Are we to assume that this forum is for English speakers only? This thread is of no interest to those of you Stateside so does it really matter what language they conduct the post in? As an English person living in Portugal I am quite able to Google Translate anything I'm not sure of.

I'm sure that if these flyers have anything of interest to the rest of us they will communicate in a way that we can all understand as has been demonstrated by Wolfzine in his post about a battery hack. Until then shall we offer a welcoming hand to all rather than chase them away.

viewtopic.php?t=36419

Hello Jetlagged787,
I don't make the rules, but I do try to follow them.

Considering the recent events here, I thought it might be a good idea to mention the rules of the forum before a Moderator stepped in.

My PM included what I would consider to be a gracious welcome, and that I have family in Portugal. :D
I also included this link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36488

I don't think anything I said could be construed as "chasing anyone away". Obviously I was wrong.

So to the OP,
Welcome to the forum, I was just trying to help.
I look forward to more videos from Portugal. It is a beautiful place.
I am proud to be Portuguese myself. :D

Thank you = obrigado

IflyinWY said:
Jetlagged787 said:

viewtopic.php?t=36419

Hello Jetlagged787,
I don't make the rules, but I do try to follow them.

Considering the recent events here, I thought it might be a good idea to mention the rules of the forum before a Moderator stepped in.

My PM included what I would consider to be a gracious welcome, and that I have family in Portugal. :D
I also included this link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36488

I don't think anything I said could be construed as "chasing anyone away". Obviously I was wrong.

So to the OP,
Welcome to the forum, I was just trying to help.
I look forward to more videos from Portugal. It is a beautiful place.
I am proud to be Portuguese myself. :D

Thank you = obrigado

Hi IflyinWY

So do I take it that there is a rule that says we should only communicate in English? If so, I offer my apologies for sticking my nose in as that one had passed me by.

"Recent events" have also passed me by unless you're referring to the disappearing posts episode. I really must pay more attention.

Sorry if you felt I was having a go but this was the second time today that a Portuguese member must have felt a little unwanted, hence my 2 cents worth - US $ or Euro - Your choice. :)

I'll crawl back into my hole now.

Os melhores cumprimentos de Portugal = Best wishes from Portugal

No hole required. :D

The forum has changed hands, Adam is no longer the Site Admin.

Yesterday Jacob, the Site Admin, posted new rules.
Click on the page you want to expand.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36488

I don't believe this is a new rule, but it is clearly stated, second paragraph from the bottom, page 2.

Rules exist to be overcome has long as they dont offend anyone !

Olá sou de Portugal e apelo a todos que sabem falar em Português além da dita cuja lingua Inglesa !
Viva Portugal !!

PL

Aproveito para informar todos que vamos fazer um encontro em Estarreja de pilotos de Drones.
Os interessados queiram sff informar para o email [email protected]

Trata-se de um concurso com um prémio para o melhor piloto de drones a activar mais rapidamente uns interruptores "aéreos".

Abraço

Paulo Lobo

IflyinWY said:
No hole required. :D

The forum has changed hands, Adam is no longer the Site Admin.

Yesterday Jacob, the Site Admin, posted new rules.
Click on the page you want to expand.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36488

I don't believe this is a new rule, but it is clearly stated, second paragraph from the bottom, page 2.

Hole filled in. :D

Thanks for the link. Can't argue with that.

Yes, as it says, the language of the forum is english. If you are expecting to get answers from English speakers, you need to post in english. However, if you are posting just to people in the country, it is acceptable to use the native language.

Boas TUGAS.
Chamo-me Luis Sousa, sou da região de Aveiro e tenho um DJI P3P há menos de um mês..
No outro dia arrisquei e quase que ganhava o dia com um FLYWAY, mas tudo acabou bem.
Resolvida que está a questão do uso da lingua portuguesa neste forum aproveito para questionar se o encontro já teve lugar e se sim, para quando se prevê o proximo.
Cordiais saudações e bons voos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic