Portland, Oregon Waterfront

Reaction score
Took an opportunity to try out using some filters. I like the way polarization will bring out textures on the water surface. Comments and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks for watching!

I was flying off this dock just north of OMSI. Great location just be mindful of boat wake. It will move quite a bit when those jet boat tours go by!

Reactions: booziebrooks
That's an interesting comment about the polarized lens, and the effect on water. How did you decide on the clocking angle of the lens? Trial and error? Any tips on clocking results?

That's an interesting comment about the polarized lens, and the effect on water. How did you decide on the clocking angle of the lens? Trial and error? Any tips on clocking results?

Purely unscientific and a bit of luck but I hold it up to my eye and rotate until I see the greatest effect. Then note the position of the label and install accordingly. I can't think of any other way. Seemed to work pretty good. If anyone has a method with better results, I'm sure interested!

Purely unscientific and a bit of luck but I hold it up to my eye and rotate until I see the greatest effect. Then note the position of the label and install accordingly. I can't think of any other way. Seemed to work pretty good. If anyone has a method with better results, I'm sure interested!

OK then, that's what I'll do. I was looking for a method to try. I have a PolarPro polarized lens but didn't want to fly test, evaluate, fly evaluate, fly and evaluate, so I just never used the polarized filter that came with the kit. I'll give your method a try, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20