Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Portions of P3A images are blurry

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Peter Bronsteen, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Peter Bronsteen

I find that my still images are blurry (less sharp) in sections on the right side . This happens whether I shoot JPGs or raw. My P3A is no longer under warranty. I am wondering if its worth sending the drone back to DJI for repair or not. I have seen another thread suggesting that the sensor and lens can be realigned to improve focus but am not sure if this is my problem, because its only a portion of the image on the right that is out of focus. Any suggestions on how to proceed to get this fixed?

I have uploaded an image. Take a look at the windows on the right and left side of the image. Right side is not nearly as sharp as the left.

My thanks for your thoughts and comments.

Attached Files:

2. SimonH78

Looks ok to me... I can see what you mean - what was the shutter speed on this shot - it could be a vibe blurr?

3. Peter Bronsteen

Thanks for looking. The shutter speed was 1/1100, aperture of f/2.8 and ISO 100. The image I posted is just one example. On any image that has fine detail (buildings, stadiums, parking lots) the right side is much less sharp than the left. Its particularly evident when you look at the image at 100% scale, which prevents me from producing acceptable prints in any size above 5x7. Here's another example - take a look if you don't mind at the right side of the building and the triangular shaped item just in front on the right side of the image in front of the building.

Attached Files: