Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Portable IMU calibration project

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by TnHwyman, Aug 12, 2015.

1. TnHwyman

I am starting to go stir crazy the last few days, since June 26th, 2015 when I sent my P3P off to be repaired. I decided to create portable metal free imu calibration solution for outdoors. It's nylon bolts / nuts, plastic platform, a non metallic bubble level, and a tad of glue to hold it all together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Made to fit in both my Seahorse case as well as my soft shell backpack.

Now all I need is my drone back from Calif.

#1 TnHwyman, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. RoyVa

Nice. Good thinking should work well. Double check it once you put the quad on it I case it needs some fine tuning as the landing gear can be off a little.

3. TnHwyman

Thank you for your advice. I'm thinking of creating a round platform and place 3 adjustable legs in a triangle. Also might cut a sheet to lay over the prop spindles to check level there as well. I'll be 6 weeks out tomorrow from the day I got dji's confirmation email that they received my bird. Stir crazy is setting in big time here.

4. Nice job!
    Just a tip... you really only need 3 screws as with 4 you have to tweak each corner to make sure they are all touching the table.
    With 3 (2 on one end's corners and 1 in the center of the opposite side), all of the screws will touch the table.
    Just a FYI

TnHwyman likes this.
  5. TnHwyman

I agree completely! That will be my next project. I get the time I'll head over to the senior center wood shop and cut one round with three nylon legs.