Portable IMU calibration project

Reaction score
I am starting to go stir crazy the last few days, since June 26th, 2015 when I sent my P3P off to be repaired. I decided to create portable metal free imu calibration solution for outdoors. It's nylon bolts / nuts, plastic platform, a non metallic bubble level, and a tad of glue to hold it all together.

20150812_0010051.jpg

20150812_0011441-e1439356793204.jpg

Made to fit in both my Seahorse case as well as my soft shell backpack.

Now all I need is my drone back from Calif.

Last edited:
Nice. Good thinking should work well. Double check it once you put the quad on it I case it needs some fine tuning as the landing gear can be off a little.

Nice. Good thinking should work well. Double check it once you put the quad on it I case it needs some fine tuning as the landing gear can be off a little.
Thank you for your advice. I'm thinking of creating a round platform and place 3 adjustable legs in a triangle. Also might cut a sheet to lay over the prop spindles to check level there as well. I'll be 6 weeks out tomorrow from the day I got dji's confirmation email that they received my bird. Stir crazy is setting in big time here.

Nice job!
Just a tip... you really only need 3 screws as with 4 you have to tweak each corner to make sure they are all touching the table.
With 3 (2 on one end's corners and 1 in the center of the opposite side), all of the screws will touch the table.
Just a FYI

Reactions: TnHwyman
Nice job!
Just a tip... you really only need 3 screws as with 4 you have to tweak each corner to make sure they are all touching the table.
With 3 (2 on one end's corners and 1 in the center of the opposite side), all of the screws will touch the table.
Just a FYI
I agree completely! That will be my next project. I get the time I'll head over to the senior center wood shop and cut one round with three nylon legs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4