Portable Hard Drive for Field

vgt

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip later this year that will probably involve multiple flights on multiple days, with lots of photos and 4K capture. Will probably exhaust my microSD card each day, and I don't want to lug a computer with me. Found this rechargable hard drive with a built-in SD Card Slot, it's wireless too, so can flick through your content on a phone/tablet later on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9B ... UTF8&psc=1

Thought others might be interested.

thats pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. I like it also because my laptop has an SSD drive and videos take up a lot of space!

If you have a Android device all you need is a OTG (On The Go) - adapter and you can use any portable harddrive.
10298477_10152671720243546_6190128246509451058_o.jpg

ExtraKim said:
If you have a Android device all you need is a OTG (On The Go) - adapter and you can use any portable harddrive.
That is a slick idea, but, don't you first have to transfer from the micro chip in the camera to your phone? I thought some one stated that took a long time. Maybe not. Never tried it.

Happyflyer said:
ExtraKim said:
That is a slick idea, but, don't you first have to transfer from the micro chip in the camera to your phone? I thought some one stated that took a long time. Maybe not. Never tried it.

A full 16GB-32GB sd card transfered by any means is not going to be blazing fast, but I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it over wifi, lest you burn out the wifi module in the bird, lol.

Either find a HDD that's got a build in sd card slot like you mentioned, or get one of these http://www.amazon.com/Leef-microSD-microUSB-Connector-Android/dp/B00J2D7R20 and use the OTG. It's a double hop, but it'd be nice to have anyway. GL

Happyflyer said:
ExtraKim said:
Put the memorycard in the phone and then transfer the pic/movies to the harddrive. To bad that the WiFi on the GoPro sucks that bad, I also have a Sony HDR-AS100VR action cam and the WiFi are sooooooo much better then the WiFi in the GoPro. I can transfer movies/pics from the camera to a android device wireless.

i bought one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Compan ... B00KU2E9IW . You can put the sd card straight into it, then once connected to your phone using the self-generated wifi can control & copy to a hard-drive plugged into the usb slot. Plus it should allow you to charge the Phantoms remote

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj