Portable Eyewear as FPV?

If it was $50 I'd say go for it. But that at that price, pay the extra and get the Fatsharks.

The Fat Shark set is cool because it blocks out all external light, so you won't get any glare. They're also bright enough to fly at night with no problem.

I agree those look overpriced for what they are, other key things you need for any screen or goggles used for fpv is if they do blue or black screen when input signal is weak. Then also obviously they need to have analogue video input which on those linked I didnt see that mentioned but may have missed it.

Agree, these would be pretty suboptimal for FPV because they are not light blocking. Additionally there's this:

>Display resolution: 432x240 310K pixels

I'm not sure if that's the New Math, but on my slide rule, 432 x 240 = 103,680 pixels. :)

Contrast that with the Fat Shark's 640x480, which actually *is* 307K pixels. So, not sure if they just can't do math, or if they really are low-res, but either way I think you'd be disappointed.

Ive been checking out alternatives to fatshark goggles for FPV and here are some interesting goggles to have a look at.

6UGHFR6.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/skyzone-fpv-g ... -1218.html

And I dont use goggles prefer to FPV off a screen but if I were to get goggles those I linked look more interesting to me then fatsharks.

Diversity receiver in pretty much any 5.8G frequency you can throw at it, built in camera not sure how useful it would be but I guess if its there its worth a try. Head tracking would be pretty cool if I could get this and use the headtracking to control my gimbal. Would really need a 3 axis gimbal which would be so cool if it would be possible to to then use it for ful 360 degree head tracking as in the oculus rift.

The Oculus rift is something I will definatly try if someone manages to make it take a regular FPV feed, add this to a 3 axis stabilized gimbal and head tracking with 3D video and it would be the ultimate FPV setup I think. :mrgreen:

If you havent heard of the rift check this out.

http://www.oculusvr.com/

Its not quite ready for FPV as yet but there are people working on it and once its released this may be a great way to FPV. Screen will be HD or better but FPV feeds will remain sd for quite some time for any decent range. Its already possible to have 3d FPV so the tech is around to make this all possible already in sd at least.

One thing I like about that link is the built-in camera with the easy access camera select. I, too, prefer the screen because I like to switch back and forth between FPV and line-of-sight flying. That camera may be just the ticket. Don't care for the built-in diversity, though - I prefer to use my own radio.

One possibly cautionary note about those Skyzone goggles from Foxtech. If they are like the rest of the Foxtech 5.8GHz equipment, there's a pretty good chance they won't work with an Immersion/Fatshark TX if that is your TX unit. The 32-CH model does have the correct frequency band for Immersion, but the "sync pulse" and pre-emphasis/de-emphasis circuits don't play nice, resulting in severe "tearing" across the video frame. I've never been able to make any of the Foxtech gear work with my Immersion TX. Should be fine with Boscam or other Chinese-made TX's though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic