Portable auxiliary battery charging

Reaction score
Hello All.

I travel with my Phantom on a motorcycle a lot and have been looking for a portable power source that I can use to recharge the Phantom Batteries with.
Does anyone have any experience with the new portable "jump packs" use for cars, such as the antigravity battery XP-10.
It has 18,000 mA and 12V output. I'm thinking it could be used in conjunction with a 12V car charger for the Phantom Battery.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Q~

The bike is 12V as well, but having a dead battery on the bike as a result of discharging it would not be fun.
I'd rather have one of these portable jump packs. Plus I can use it for other 5v / 2a USB devices such as my phone.

Q~

Can you fit another battery on your bike and just run an isolator so it doesn't draw down your main battery? This way it'll still get charged while you're driving.

Otherwise I'd recommend the Intocircuit 26000 power bank http://www.amazon.com/Intocircuit®-...F8&qid=1420830304&sr=8-5&keywords=intocircuit, it has dc 12/16/19V output and USB too. I have one and use it to recharge my black pearl when in my hard case, has worked great for the past year so far. Needs a wall plug in to charge though!
I haven't tried to charge phantom batteries but I think you'd get 1-2 charges off it. Another bike battery should give you around 4-5 I think, I'd get a deep cycle bike battery if there is such a thing.

I have one of them Duracell jump packs that I use to charge in the field with. Tho it dont put out enough volts to finish off a charge if its not completely full if I am charging directly off the dc using a cigaret lighter plug to charge my p2v battery's. BUT for my other battery charger i use to charge my battery's for my fc40 that has a dc input it works even if the jump packs charge falls below 12.6 volts and it will step up the dc power. The jump pack also has a ac inverter in it that will run the 110v charger for the p2v battery's and the stock charger for my fc40s battery's. So I can usually get my first few charges off the dc then I have to switch to the ac charger after the jump pack falls to low to finish the top end of the charge. I also can use the jump pack to charge all my other do dads and what nots like my ranger extender, tablet and my lap top. I also now have a very nice small 30watt flexible solar panel that I can also use to keep the jump pack charged up. If I'm out for more then a few days and not just and over nigher. We do a lot of off road camping and now I dont have to even start the truck up or run my generator as much to recharge the campers battery's either.

Tho for motor cycle traveling the Duracell power pack is probably a bit to bulky and heavy to lug around on a MC. but there are some smaller ones that would probably be perfect. and if you have a 12vdc outlet on your bike you can charge the jump pack while you are riding.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic