Popular Science...

Reaction score
Anyone see the latest issue of Popular Science featuring an AR Drone?
ABSOLUTELY AWEFUL!!! The most irresponsible piece of trash writing I've ever witnessed!!!
It's stories like this where dumb@ss people do dumb@ss stuff and the whole lot goes to piss because of it.
In this case it's the writer being a complete wank off doing stuff he rightfully knows he shouldn't.
Makes me want to write a letter.

http://ricklohre.com/client/popsciencea ... hoto-1.JPG

http://ricklohre.com/client/popsciencea ... hoto-2.JPG

http://ricklohre.com/client/popsciencea ... hoto-3.JPG

I agree with you. The only good thing is that it was so poorly written that no one is going to give it a second thought!

Best regards,

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like a piece of BS propaganda!

. . . The only resistance governments would have to new laws would be from the rc community, unless someone runs enough stories like these in mags beforehand to drum up some fear.

My favourite part is where he "looks around the park" to make sure he is clear and safe when he sets off the detonator, yet publishes the article saying he did it!

. . . Also, I didn't know local hobby shops sold detonators and that the AR Drone has a spare channel and electrical circuits to hook a detonator straight up to it???

What's really frustrating is that no-one has actually brought in sensible rules - like "no flying OVER private property" or no flying within a certain distance / altitude.

I'd be happy staying 45 degrees away from people - you can't be higher than you are far away - if you want to fly at 100ft, you have to be 100ft away from property. That gives you a combination of range and slant angle that largely negates the ability to get good video.

A moron with a vivid imagination. The detonator would be the rocket motors "igniter". I guess his salesman Mario
hooked him up with the "military version A.R Drone" that has an extra channel, and pre-wired relay. Oh yeah, and luckily
the Apple app had a flashing red "DETONATE" button.

The best part was when he scared away all the drug dealers and prostitutes, in his quiet perverted town. :lol:

Just amazing how every single one of the stories I read are 100% biased for pure sensationalism a la "News of the world" (Even TMZ has more integrity than most of those poor excuses for journalism). Even when they don't try to peddle their propaganda, reporters still somehow tend to always picture a UAV as a "drone" with the intent of spying. They don't seem to ever point out that they themselves are in the business of voyeurism, since they report on people's stories, expose people's names, take pictures, etc.

Has anyone read a story that showcase how a lot of people film some cool nature or action scenes that they could have never afford previously? I haven't.

Personally, I am resigned to the fact that it will be a nightmare to fly any UAV with a camera anywhere soon. Those of us that live in urban areas won't even be able to practice safely in a park, simply because there maybe someone 1 mile away walking down the street that we may be "spying" on.

What an idiot! It's behaviour like this hype driven ******* that will get these banned. Pity they don't sell a brain upgrade with UAV's. Very poor one eyed writing only done to exploit the negative impact of UAV's. What a tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers