Poor video reception

Reaction score
New owner of phantom 4 for a month. Started out with a bad battery. Got it replaced, finally.
I have had poor video reception since the first flight.
I have read hundreds of posts on 32 channel hack, use custom channel and try several channels, antenna direction, wifi, and other interference.
I have tried all but the 32 channel hack. I have parabolic reflectors on the antennas.
This interference is all line of site from 50 feet to 300-400 feet. Afraid to go any farther.
Satisfied with the Phantom, except for the reception.
Ideas please.

Thank you

My video was terrible when using my iPad Air. I then bought an iPad Air 2 and video problem was solved immediately. A powerful processor on the device you are using is a good start in getting good video. What device are you using ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My video was terrible when using my iPad Air. I then bought an iPad Air 2 and video problem was solved immediately. A powerful processor on the device you are using is a good start in getting good video. What device are you using ?

I'm using an IPad mini. I'm getting the zebra type lines across the screen sometimes but mostly green blocking the bottom half of the screen. It seems to be similar to what folks were getting from about a year ago. Previous forum posts seem to indicate software problems. Maybe trying my andriod phone would help.

If it's the first gen iPad mini that's too slow of a processor. I'm using a mini 2 and it works great...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
The Zebra lines and green blocking areas are exactly what I was seeing when I was using the iPad Air. When I switched to the iPad Air2, those problems disappeared and since then, my video is perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1