Poor signal strength,poor range

Reaction score
Recently purchased a used P3 Advanced.After several flights I noticed the range seemed very little.Maybe 2000 ft. Before I would get a " week signal" warning.Then of course I would bring it home. I also noticed before I get the week signal warning I would get a poor video transmission also.I was going to do a firmware update but before I did I wanted to find out if I was missing something. I even bought the signal booster gimmick that goes on the attenea.No help.

I have also tried different locations to see if maybe there was some interference going on.Same results.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok.i guess I should have also stated I am brand new to e drone world.Antenna configuration?

You will get poor range if your antenna tips poit towards the bird.. Have the long sides facing the bird, meaning the tips must point 90degrees away from bird..

Think it's mentioned in video 8 or 9 in the tutorial library accessible from within the DJI Go app.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Controller antennas... straight up. Not tilted towards drone.

Recently purchased a used P3 Advanced.After several flights I noticed the range seemed very little.Maybe 2000 ft. Before I would get a " week signal" warning.Then of course I would bring it home. I also noticed before I get the week signal warning I would get a poor video transmission also.I was going to do a firmware update but before I did I wanted to find out if I was missing something. I even bought the signal booster gimmick that goes on the attenea.No help.

I have also tried different locations to see if maybe there was some interference going on.Same results.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Could this help your problem?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl