Poor range.

Reaction score
Has anyone's range went to crap lately or just mine lol. Mine P3S used to go 1500-2000 feet or more with no mods. Now I'm lucky if I get 200 feet and RTH kicks in. Mine is still bone stock but range has all of a sudden went to crap. It's up dated to the latest firmware and stuff. I've done recalibrations and on imu and compass and rebound the remote to it but none of that helped. I did notice before all of this seem to start I was getting the compass error where it wanted you to restart before you should take off. I don't know if that's just some weird coincidence or what though.

I would say yes after update. But the phantom itself didn't receive a update just dji go app. And yes I've reset and recalibrated everything possible on it.

How much time had passed before it worked good and when you new it was working like crap?
Are you sure there wasn't a firmware update within this period?

What I did was start looking at my flight logs, found one that was around my house, tried to duplicate it, couldn't even get close, I would get weak signal, full signal, no signal. It was not flyable.

I set it on a stump 125' away, didn't even need to start the motors, remote control signals jumping all over, good, bad and ugly.

This is just today
Losing signal at 300ft p3
Losing Signal At Close Range Randomly?
Phantom 3 Standard with poor range.

Rod

I updated it and then didn't fly for a week or so and then when I did the range was crap.

Yeah it's weird how it's really good and then it goes to crap. And my stuff is stock and hasn't been tampered with or crashed. I swear it was after the latest update I did.

My range has been better with latest GO APP , stock P3S , android 3.1.5 , galaxy tab S2 -- nougat 7.0 , anywhere from 450m to 550m depending on location , previously it struggled to get over 350m .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.