poor range with IMC 600mw

Reaction score
basiclly i just bought my dji phantom but i didn't buy the fpv equipment yet. i have seen in many videos that the range with IMC 600mw and the BP 7ch is not good.
what do u guys think?

how much range do you get? i was also looking into the boscam 500mw with BP 32ch.

i've got the IMC 600mw & the BP 32ch, normally i fly to a maximum of 500metres & have no issues. Today for some reason even flying very close proximity it was breaking up

i've got a pair of Fatshark Spironet antenna's

What range do you get with the stock antennas.?

never use them tbh so can't say

I've got nearly 1000m with the 25mW transmitter, 32 channel Black Pearl (Vonista branded), and stock antennas all round. So it puzzles me when people complain about poor range. Honestly, I was expecting less than 100 metres with my setup, having watched some review videos, but 25mW is the legal maximum in the UK and we all know we need to do everything we can to prove we are responsible. I was planning to upgrade the antennas immediately, but looks like I can wait a while.

So check all fittings, cables, attachments etc. to ensure you get the best range possible.

I've gotten 900m+ on my ImmersionRC 600mw with BP 7channel with stock "rubber duck" antennas on both Tx and Rx sides. Mind you, this is a huge open field. I very recently upgraded to some old stock IBCrazy Blue Beam Whip and a 5 turn helical that I have yet to test out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 464
Eltrochaphantom said:
basiclly i just bought my dji phantom but i didn't buy the fpv equipment yet. i have seen in many videos that the range with IMC 600mw and the BP 7ch is not good.
what do u guys think?

how much range do you get? i was also looking into the boscam 500mw with BP 32ch.

quick FYI: I don't have this same equipment personally but it's the 32ch BP that supposedly has issues, everyone always recommends people get the 7ch BP for better compatibility (looks like you had it backwards)

also, unless you plan on using the HDMI output or whatever on the BP, the RX-LCD5802 is a 32ch receiver that works fine with all transmitters.

I started off with a Boscam TS352 (still have it) but it's pretty heavy and burns a lot of power compared to the TS353, which is what I run now. I know a lot of guys keep talking about getting big range with the stock whip antennas which surprises me, I've never gone more than 50m or so on the stock whips regardless of transmitter. right now I'm getting better range with the FPVLR pentalobe transmit antenna and the TS353 (400mW) than I was with the FPVLR pinwheel and TS352 (500mW - 1000mW). don't get me wrong, both antennas are amazing.
my recommendation is a lighter transmitter (IRC600 or TS353) and just get a really nice antenna for the transmitter, and receiver if you intend to do any kind of real range over a few hundred meters. You'll be surprised once you start flying FPV how easy it is to want to go 500, 800, 1000+ meters :) I remember when I was new to Phantoms I was like "why would I ever need to fly 1000 meters away?!" and now I'm all "weee I just went over a mile! next time I'll go farther" :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik