Poor range of Fat Shark

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I use ImmersionRC 600mW, iOSD Mini, Black Pearl 7. Is it normal that viewing range is about 100-150m? After that I lose video signal (depending on Phantom position). Changing channel didn't help. Also changing antennas. Any advices? Thanks in advance :)

In line-of-site situation you should have no problem getting 2 miles out of that set up depending on which antennas you have. Is your 600 placed underneath the aircraft and not inside the aircraft? Which antennas are you using both on the 600 and on the Black Pearl

In line-of-site situation you should have no problem getting 2 miles out of that set up depending on which antennas you have. Is your 600 placed underneath the aircraft and not inside the aircraft? Which antennas are you using both on the 600 and on the Black Pearl
My 600 is placed underneath the aircraft. I attached one FatShark antenna to transmitter and on the receiver I have one stock and one FatShark antena.

I've used almost every antenna combo on all phantom models and I've found these two to be the best for the BlackPearl
New AOMWAY FPV 11dbi 5.8G 8 Turn Helical Antenna Right Circular Polarization SMA
11dB FPV High Gain Patch 5.8 GHz Video/Audio Receiver Antenna for Long Range
And this on the tx birdside as far to the rear and as low hanging as possible
5.8GHz Fat Shark ImmersionRc SMA Antenna (RHCP) US SELLER FAST SHIPPING
In nice clear path, but flying over businesses and streets, I've gotten clear FPV for 4.4 miles with this set up

In nice clear path, but flying over businesses and streets, I've gotten clear FPV for 4.4 miles with this set up
I use the same antenas... Could you describe precisely how you attach these Fat Shark antenas? One on the transmitter and one on Black Pearl receiver?

Is this setup on a P2? I am finding that I tend to lose signal to the craft before I lose the FPV video. This is at about 1KM over open fields LOS of the craft. Any ideas?

The stock 2.4 controller and antennas on the P2 have a pretty incredible range ,at least 2 miles! Seems like you always lose the 5.8 feed first. Try that Ib crazy super canon you'll never lose control feed

I have been recently flying with the IBcrazy blue beam ultras and the Air X2 with great results. Make sure, and I know it sounds obvious, that your monitor is in diversity and matches the TX frequency.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am having the same issue....Attached is a clip of the issues.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try removing on of the spironets and putting the whip back on. To me, it looks like you are not on the same band/ch as the TX.

Even if you are not in diversity mode, at that distance you should be getting a clear image.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am having the same issue....Attached is a clip of the issues.....

This is EXACTLY the same problem I have... I'll try to check all the cables and connections inside...

Try removing on of the spironets and putting the whip back on. To me, it looks like you are not on the same band/ch as the TX.

Even if you are not in diversity mode, at that distance you should be getting a clear image.

I am going to put one RHCP and one Linear old skill rubber ducky on and see how that goes...

My issue is a little different and I probably know the answer, I had it set up where I can go 4.4 miles with decent reception and then I change things around trying to make things lighter and put all the gear, Tx, cables etc. on the inside of the shell now it only goes 2500 feet and it starts getting static . But I think I know that I need to remove that TX away from the electronics on the inside

My issue is a little different and I probably know the answer, I had it set up where I can go 4.4 miles with decent reception and then I change things around trying to make things lighter and put all the gear, Tx, cables etc. on the inside of the shell now it only goes 2500 feet and it starts getting static . But I think I know that I need to remove that TX away from the electronics on the inside
Mine is all external and before I even take off has reception issues....Getting a little frustrated...[emoji35]

My problem solved itself - after changing position of antenna too close to compass my drone flew away. Can't find it :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.