Poor Control Range

Reaction score
HI

I recently had my Phantom 2 Vision replaced by the retailer, since then I have not been able to fly it due to the weather, now the weather has improved and I have managed to get out I have found that the control range between the remote control and the phantom is very poor, if I fly straight up I lose control contact at about 50 to 60 feet, up to now I have managed to get control back after a few seconds.
The three times I have flown it I have been miles from any sources of interference, compass was calibrated and I was getting 7 satellites (which seems to take longer)
Was running the software version 1.08 but I upgraded yesterday to version 2 and checked the remote was also up to date.

Except for this problem it flies great, very stable and holds on GPS even if its quite breezy.

coolbird said:
HI

I recently had my Phantom 2 Vision replaced by the retailer, since then I have not been able to fly it due to the weather, now the weather has improved and I have managed to get out I have found that the control range between the remote control and the phantom is very poor, if I fly straight up I lose control contact at about 50 to 60 feet, up to now I have managed to get control back after a few seconds.
The three times I have flown it I have been miles from any sources of interference, compass was calibrated and I was getting 7 satellites (which seems to take longer)
Was running the software version 1.08 but I upgraded yesterday to version 2 and checked the remote was also up to date.

Except for this problem it flies great, very stable and holds on GPS even if its quite breezy.

Hi Coolbird.. You may have already checked... Have you set your TX to FCC or CE mode? Also... Ive heard reports that some Visions wifi SSID was set to camera instead of range extender. Logging into camera instead of RE, could give you poor range. Just a couple of ideas... Good luck.

RCRookie
Hi Coolbird.. You may have already checked... Have you set your TX to FCC or CE mode? Also... Ive heard reports that some Visions wifi SSID was set to camera instead of range extender. Logging into camera instead of RE, could give you poor range. Just a couple of ideas... Good luck.

Sorry can't find a "reply with quote button"

The TX is how it was delivered so I guess it will be set to CE, is there any gain by switching it to FCC.

As for logging into the camera with wifi how would that affect the phantom, surely the phantom is on 5.8ghz and the wifi is on 2.4!
Am no expert at this stuff so any ideas are welcome :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl