Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

Considering his entire career depends on travel by flight, lets use reasonable deduction to assume that he has no plans to piss off the FAA.
A little off-topic, but is a certification required for all personal drone use in the US?

My point was I'm more interested (as would have expected others might be) in why the Mavic didn't return on lost signal. I don't care about his wearing pyjamas in public, exiting the hotel through the back courtyard, why he can't turn off a gas fireplace etc.

And I don't have anything against him, he is generating YouTube views so he knows how to work social media- a skill in itself. I wouldn't bother watching his clips with the intent of learning anything useful though.

If that, it's your interest, (why the Mavic didn't return on lost signal) why this sentence?
"I wonder if he knows how to get the flight log off his phone"?
Is that the way you reach your goals?

Reactions: iker42
If that, it's your interest, (why the Mavic didn't return on lost signal) why this sentence?
"I wonder if he knows how to get the flight log off his phone"?
Is that the way you reach your goals?
Read all I wrote and the overall construction. My clarification should be evident then.

I'm out of this topic.
Good.
How much would you like to bet? I'll take that offer up to $1000. It's very likely that they will send him _several_ as they did with the Phantom 4. Remember what he did with the extra ones... he gave them away. He them _bought_ a replacement when he later damaged his own.

Someone posts here they their drone flew away and everyone offered support. Casey reports that his drone flew away and people call him an idiot. Difference, people love to hate someone that is in the spot light. It's easy. They feel it brings them up a notch. It's more difficulr to take the high road. No reason to hate.
No need to get yourself all worked up. The discussion is pointless. Casey doesn't need, and I suspect wouldn't be interested in, people defending him. It's s matter of opinion whether he is entertaining but he is a performer no question. If you enjoy his videos great.

You might want to ask him for this knowledge.

You think every new video on YouTube has a 107 behind it? I don't have one. Ive also flown above 400 feet and out of line of sight. Oh, I've also taken off with a battery that was not at 100 percent charge.
I'm with ya there. I will at times run with scissors....why...cause I can.

Sounds like a hassle. That site appears to be blocked for people outside of the US, so I assume that doesn't apply to visitors.

It's really not bad...and a fair enough trade for pretty minimally restricted use. I can't speak to visitor protocol, but as the "sUAS" boom still has a tenuous relationship with the rest of the population, I'm happy to accommodate and urge everyone else to do the same

Odd. How do you know he never does these things. Because you have never seen it in his videos? It's called EDITING and uninteresting. Truth is, you have no idea and just want to hate that someone lost their Mavic because you don't have one. I'm sorry to say this but it's just the truth. You don't need to feel bad for him, he's not asking you too. He does want to make interesting videos though.

How many P3's has he lost and crashed? How many P4's? The answer is a lot. Over 10. The guy is completely irresponsible when it comes to drone flying.

It's really not bad...and a fair enough trade for pretty minimally restricted use. I can't speak to visitor protocol, but as the "sUAS" boom still has a tenuous relationship with the rest of the population, I'm happy to accommodate and urge everyone else to do the same
:-/ I have to disagree that it's a fair trade. You give your information to the government on a publicly-accessible database (which they promised wouldn't be, so now everyone knows you have fun, high-tech stuff at home), to form a legal contract that says you can't fly at night (even though these have lights on them) or above 400 ft at any point (regardless of context or conditions)? Doesn't really seem that fair to me.

But hey, I'm just one person in the (seeming) minority that believes the government shouldn't be involved in every little thing we do.

How many P3's has he lost and crashed? How many P4's? The answer is a lot. Over 10. The guy is completely irresponsible when it comes to drone flying.

Ten? How many videos of his have you watched to come to that number? I rest my case. I write all day long... want to know how many pens I've broken and lost? I _lot_. I guess I'm "reckless".

I would love to see the CACHED video on his iphone. I hope this isnt a click bait.

klnyc

Last edited:
I would to see the CACHED video on his iphone. I hope this isnt a click bait.

klnyc
It probably is, wait for Part 2 coming tomorrow... First 5 minutes will be him "staging" his recovery. Only to show that DJI sent him a brand new Mavic.

:-/ I have to disagree that it's a fair trade. [...]

Well truthfully I'm not thrilled about all of it either (especially the public list part) and but the hammer could have come down a lot harder, and still might if there is good cause given for it...I'll leave that all for another thread though.

Anyway my money's still on crashed :) Cached video is a good idea...tweet at him.

Devin's crew mentioned rigging an Inspire so that it was not safe to fly. They also lost control of a jet ski and got a Red camera wet. Reckless with nice equipment. Let's spread some of that hate around. We can't have these people taking changes with such nice equipment just to make good videos. Only when we _all_ have nice equipment can these people take risks with their own equipment!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20