Polychromatic eye glasses and FPV are not compatible.

Reaction score
Hi, two months ago I bought new eye glasses, and purchased the polychromatic ones. You know, the glasses that tint like sunglasses when you are out in the sun.
I also fly my P3P using FPV via an iPad. When flying the quad recently, I have had great difficulty seeing what was on the screen, even with my sun shield all around the iPad. It got so bad that on a holiday in tropical north Australia, I missed lots of good drone video, simply because I could not make out where the drone was pointed, and what I was videoing.
Then I thought of my new glasses, and took them off.
I took much better video after that.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you. Mainly because it took me quite a lot of poor video before I realised they may be the cause. The polychromatic glasses tint so slowly, that you forget they do actually change colour so dramatically.
Regards, Chris.

I have had great difficulty seeing what was on the screen, even with my sun shield all around the iPad. It got so bad that on a holiday in tropical north Australia, I missed lots of good drone video, simply because I could not make out where the drone was pointed, and what I was videoing.
Then I thought of my new glasses, and took them off.
I took much better video after that.

The polychromatic glasses tint so slowly, that you forget they do actually change colour so dramatically..
Are your glasses polarised?
Try turning the iPad 90 degrees while you look at it with the glasses and see if that makes a big difference.
Polarised lenses and LCD screens are always a problem.

ps ... polychromatic means multicoloured.
It sounds like yours are photochromic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers