Poll: Who is from Florida?

Are you from Florida?

• Yes

Votes: 57 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 29.6%

• Total voters
By the church/highschool? I fly there too. We should meet up. Are you on fb?
Are you talking to me? Yes it is by a highschool. But, not a church. Unless you're talking about Church By the Glades which is about 1-2 miles from my location.

Are you talking to me? Yes it is by a highschool. But, not a church. Unless you're talking about Church By the Glades which is about 1-2 miles from my location.
You and mmjax. Mmjax mentioned mandarin and i fly there sometimes. I live at the beach.

Let's meet up! What's your fb or pm me

It seems there is an overabundance of Floridians in this forum. I attribute it to either the nice weather, the nice scenery, the fact it's a nice place to go when you retire, or a combination of these. So, what % of the P3 guys here are from FL?

I was born and raised in the Kendall area of Miami but we moved our permanent residence to Greensboro, NC 28 years ago. Just sold our house in Viera and looking for a condo in Cocoa Beach. We are there mostly during the cold months. So I guess we should be considered as only half time residents of FL. I could never again live there full time. Too dang hot and humid for me. The other day Orlando hit a new record high of 100F (without heat index) while we were at a more comfortable 93F with moderately low humidity. See ya in November.

I'm from Sarasota. My DJI P3 pro will be arrived this coming week. I´m scare reading the posts for the first time. Any recommendation for a newbie?

Reactions: J Dot
I'm from Sarasota. My DJI P3 pro will be arrived this coming week. I´m scare reading the posts for the first time. Any recommendation for a newbie?

Hello Luis,
Download the P3 manual ( Pdf. ) file,
Read it at least 2 times ( sometimes the 2nd go round, you understand terms better ) ask questions, people here are TOO SMART FOR THEIR OWN GOOD! Lol, no but seriously, these guys/Gals are extremely intelligent, and extremely helpful!
On startup, take your time, follow ALL PROTOCAL! ( do not skip any steps ) you'll want to make or buy a prop balancer of some kind ( balanced props make for good flight, and clean stable video! ) I'm not knowledged on the P3, as I'm still a p2v user, but LOVE IT! I'm not sure if the P3 has it, but I added a portable tracking device to mine ( just in case )? Other than that just put your name and contact info on everything, bird, Tx, case ( if you have one? ). Go have fun!
( remember: people ( usually ) only post when there is a problem, hardly ever post about a perfect flight! )
So for every bad ( scary ) post, I'm sure there are MANY good ones ( just not posted ) I know I do not have a P3, but I've had my p2v for 2 years now, problem free ( a few minor update issues, and a user error ( me being stupid ), but bird has been mechanically sound! I could not be happier! Good luck, and we are here for you, just ask, or search site ( as it may have already been asked and answered? )

Take care, Fly Safe!
J Dot

Reactions: Luis Baron
What about the everglades? I'd love some aerial footage of that posted here somewhere. Assuming you're able to fly there, that is...

I'm in Leesburg - grew up here. Promised never to come back! Hate the heat and humidity. Things changed! So many Phantom owners are from Florida because it's the fourth most populous state in the country.

Reactions: Droneted
I'm also a newbie. I crashed mine after 2nd flight because I was overanxious. I got some excellent advice. Take it slow. Do basic flying - figure 8s, etc in nice wide open spaces. Don't rush it like I did. Like a good golf swing. Nice and easy.

Coral Springs
and funny...too.. cause all the local hobby shops have overstocked the P3...many out there, specially in beach areas.

Where else can you do this....?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't have a P3, but I live in Tallahassee

I am a part timer. I lived in SW Florida for almost 20 years. Now mostly in Ecuador, I will be in Manabi county on the 2nd of July for a couple of days. Meetup anyone?

I am a part timer. I lived in SW Florida for almost 20 years. Now mostly in Ecuador, I will be in Manabi county on the 2nd of July for a couple of days. Meetup anyone?

I live close to Manatee county, in Sarasota, which is south of Bradenton. Let me know, we can drink a cup of coffee and hablamos Español if you want

I live close to Manatee county, in Sarasota, which is south of Bradenton. Let me know, we can drink a cup of coffee and hablamos Español if you want
Hi Luis
will be my pleasure. Depending on my decission and availability I might have either a Solo (more and more unlikely) or a P3.this would make us 2 newbies ;) I shoot your a message.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31