POLL: Phantom 3 (Firmware 1.1.9.) Is it working for you?

(Firmware 1.1.9.) Is it working for you?

• I own a Phantom 3 Professional. I've updated to Firmware 1.1.9. and have no issues.

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • I own a Phantom 3 Advanced. I've updated to Firmware 1.1.9. and have no issues.

Votes: 38 25.2%
  • I'll be sticking with Firmware 1.1.8. until the kinks get worked out

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I regret updating, I should of stayed on Firmware 1.1.8.

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters
I'm hoping thats all it is, and that the majority of the cables I've gotten from bestbuy are knock offs. Cheaper to replace cable than new device. ;)

I wouldnt trust anything unless it has the 'Manufactured for ios' or something apple related. Ebay etc is full of fakes. The Anker one feel well made, even more so than the original (longer) Apple one

Reactions: QuikSilver15
I wouldnt trust anything unless it has the 'Manufactured for ios' or something apple related. Ebay etc is full of fakes. The Anker one feel well made, even more so than the original (longer) Apple one
It came from bestbuy not marketplace and came in apple boxes. Only thing that would make me question would be phone states unsupported sometimes....

Flew tonight and noticed when app showed no signal and then disconnected. If I unplugged the cable and put it back in, it would show back up. Had to do that about 5 times during a 15 min flight though. To me that means either cable (which I'm hoping as that's the simplest thing) or USB port on controller.

Got the same cable, really good quality and perfect length.
So far it looks like the cable does make a difference. Got a few no signal messages but I adjust where I am with remote or go higher and it comes back fairly quick. Nothing like before when I was getting no signal and then disconnect. Hope thats all it was. :)

Reactions: leglessmatt
My P3 arrived yesterday with FW 1.19 preinstalled. Did one flight today max distance 1658 meters without any problem.

app is freezing in android and severe lag after 1.1.9 update. going to try new cable, never had any issues until the latest firmware update.

Tomorrow I will update firmware on my P3P. I watch some turtorials, but I have one question that I didn't get. When the whole process is finished (with aircraft, transmitter and battery), what to do with .BIN file? Do I need to delete him from Micro SD before first filght or what?

This is a question I'm sure has been asked and answered more than a few times. and a very good question, may I add.
My point is, I've tried to query the search system here on the forum by asking a question similar to the one you have posted, and received several pages of various postings which basically related to a variety of different issues, but basically used some of the same wording eg. (to, the, and, but, or, etc.) which I had used when forming my question.

Is it no wonder the same questions are repeatedly asked were my thoughts, particularly if there are many pages of posts to review. I guess it's much easier to simply post the question to the forum, and hope to get a response.
I'm thinking it may be a good idea for folks experiencing similar frustration while attempting to get the answers to their questions by using the search function to possibly try contacting the Web Master/Administrator.
Maybe he/she can help. I'm not sure, but hopefully there may be a more productive way of securing the required info. over the search function presently in place.

Last edited:
I upgraded to 1.1.9 and seemingly had no issues. But on my last flight, the gimbal went berserk. The camera was working fine throughout all this adventure. The outcome is that the rig is in the box and on it's way to California. So should I suggest that v1.1.9 is defective or unreliable???

Since the update I've had numerous disconnections using an iPad mini 2. Never occurred once on the old firmware.

I'm seriously regretting upgrading my p3 :mad:

1.1.8 did not hold altitude for, but 1.1.9 fixed it. Here's a before anda after video,

With 1.18 and 1.12 I have no issues except that the warming-up time takes ages. Almost a minut. With the earlier versions it was much much quicker.

I updated to 1.19 and have had no issues (using a iPhone6) with flying since.

I did have one issue during the updating, the P3 itself updated as usual although when I tried updating the tx I plugged in the sd card and turned it on, after 5 mins nothing had happened so I took out the sd card and checked on my pc, there was a results file saying that the firmware on the tx was the same or older than that on the sd card (which was the new 1.19), unsure about this I turned everything on to see what happened and got a green safe to fly on the Pilot app, good to go.

One thing I am confused about is that the poll above says "I'm going to stick with 1.18", I was under the impression that the Pilot app won't allow the P3 to fly unless it is loaded with the most recent firmware version??

One thing I am confused about is that the poll above says "I'm going to stick with 1.18", I was under the impression that the Pilot app won't allow the P3 to fly unless it is loaded with the most recent firmware version??
I haven't done a single firmware update on my phantom....i use android so didn't need to update to fly and haven't seen any reason to update firmware until it releases new functionality....am i the only one still running the initial firmware from week 1 releases?

I updated to 1.9 because i was hoping they fixed the ss error issue with it and i think they did cos i have not heard of a single error on 1.9, only problem is app disconnect has been reported a lot since then. There are bound to be a few problems at this early stage but they will get fixed and over all nothing seems to be causing any major problems. I must admit tho on my last phantom i flew her out the box from day one for over a year and did not update ever, think i only did about 2 compass calibrations and she flew perfect every time. I am still on the old 1.1.1 ios app version now because lots have reported laggy video feed since they updated. Sometimes i think if its not broke then dont try and fix it kinda thing.

For me, the FPV is very laggy since the update. It is almost too bad to even use. Video and photos are smooth on the card. It's just the FPV that is no longer silky smooth as it was prior to the update.

Flew on Saturday with 1.9 using Nvidia Shield. Only my second flight but everything worked just fine. Went went about 400 feet over and 200 feet up and just flew in some lazy circles (still getting used to the differences between P2V and P3P-the active braking on the P3P is a little strange at first!). Hate the glare on the Nvidia, I'm spoiled by the Epson Moverio Bt-200 glasses I use with my P2V but haven't been able to get them to work with the P3P yet.

Maybe this weekend I can try it with my iPhone 6 -- I'll report back if I find any problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj