Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

POLL: Phantom 3 (Firmware 1.1.9.) Is it working for you?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by rocejo, May 30, 2015.

?
  1. I own a Phantom 3 Professional. I've updated to Firmware 1.1.9. and have no issues.

89 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. I own a Phantom 3 Advanced. I've updated to Firmware 1.1.9. and have no issues.

38 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. I'll be sticking with Firmware 1.1.8. until the kinks get worked out

11 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. I regret updating, I should of stayed on Firmware 1.1.8.

13 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. rocejo

Hey folks, I know there's threads covering this topic. However, I wanted to get a Poll going to see what the general consensus is. Feel free to participate :)

2. Buckaye

To be fair - my Phantom came right from China yesterday and had 1.9 pre-loaded - so I didn't officially upgrade - but have been flying today and have had no issues whatsoever...

gburkett05 and rocejo like this.
  3. rocejo

Thanks for the feedback.

4. LostInSky

Tomorrow I will update firmware on my P3P. I watch some turtorials, but I have one question that I didn't get. When the whole process is finished (with aircraft, transmitter and battery), what to do with .BIN file? Do I need to delete him from Micro SD before first filght or what?

5. Apparition

Did a 14 minute flight today total flight distance a little over 30,700 feet. Zero problems and everything is up to date.

6. Trumple

Mine arrived with latest version preloaded, everything is working well so far (3 flights in)

7. JBG

JBG

Mines been fine since update, multiple flights

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. rocejo

Yes, you can delete it if you want. If you leave it in the root folder it wouldn't necessarily do anything wrong. However, since it's an update file the P3 would check the file upon starting and notice that it's the same firmware that is currently installed.

9. bobmyers

Yes

10. leekiya

From what most are reporting around forums, its the latest ios 1.1.2 that is causing problems not the firmware of the craft.

11. Phantom751874

It is advised that you leave it on the SD card until you are sure your battery firmware has been updated. The firmware package updates the P3 and batteries if needed. The battery you use to do the P3 for,ware will be updated but not your other batteries unless you leave it on the SD card at least until you cycle through your other batteries.

12. Apparition

I was running 1.1.2 on my flight I mentioned above using an iPhone 6. Everything worked flawlessly.

13. Buckaye

same here no issues

14. QuikSilver15

Seems mine gets the no signal, disconnect, and past couple days app hang. Tried different channels, transmission rate, nothing seems to fix it consistently. Heck I can turn the unit on and before I take off it will do this. A lot of times I return home with it (push button because remote still works with green light), land unit, turn off and back on. Seems to fix it temporarily. Got a new Anker certified cable coming Tuesday. Its shorter and I hope fixes or alleviates some of these issues. Otherwise I hope it is something simple as a firmware issue. :(

FELIPE RABANAL and leglessmatt like this.
  15. sky reaper

I've updated to the new 1.1.9 and it works great. The only issue I have is that the overall status says needs to be updated. But when I go look to see what version it's running it says 1.1.9. I contacted dji and after hours of going through everything they determined it was ok to fly and if anything happens they would be responsible for it. Guess we'll have to put that to the test if and when something happens. But hopefully not... ( knock on wood).....

16. paulsheaves

Is anyone here using the ipad mini 2 cellular (+ the latest 1.1.9 firmware AND 1.1.2 app) ? - I had huge problems even before the latest firmware, my drone is thus currently back at the dealer.

Just wondered if there is anyone out there with no issues with this particular set up?

17. leekiya

Laggy video seems to be a subject that has only popped up since 1.1.2, plenty of people having problems with that. App disconnect problems on ios devices seemed to arise on forums very fast after 1.1.9 firmware came out.

18. 2k3sgm

I'm finding that as long as I leave the camera settings alone and just shoot pics and vid all works ok. It's when I start messing with the camera settings that I run into disconnects. I'm on 1.1.2 & 1.1.9 with an iP6+.

19. eseckinger

No issues on 1.1.8 or 1.1.9.

20. leglessmatt

Got the same cable, really good quality and perfect length.

Cadillac Bill and QuikSilver15 like this.