POLL CLOSED: Results of 107 Pass Rates?

(Anonymous) Did you pass the 107 Knowledge test at the FAA testing center?

• Yes, it was a breeze

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • Yes, but I was challenged

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • No, I need to study more

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • I failed it twice!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I mean the exam - nothing has shown up on my IACRA page - I am registered as an applicant - but the application asks for a certificate # - which i don't have
You should have been given a paper document with an officially/embossed stamp on it by the proctor with your exam ID number on it.

Never mind I am an idiot - can't read directions DUH, DUH - I thought the test was automatically posted to my IACRA account - once I read the directions and some of you all's post a little light bulb finally went off - hey, i'm an old guy, so (see I just forgot what i was going to type) - thanks for the feed back

Reactions: Unmannedsky
That sounds like a tricky question where you are referred to a chart to determine your answer when the correct answer is based off of a general regulation. You aren't going to find any minimum visibility on a sectional chart. That's all I'm going to say about that one.
the question referred you to a chart figure 80 - Crawford Airport was the reference in the question - but I agree one can't figure out visibility on a chart

Are you saying that the "exam" hasn't shown up? That's the first step, waiting for the exam to show up so that you can "associate" it with your application. That should take up to 48 hours (mine took about 36 hours to appear). Associating the exam allows you to "complete" the application, at which point you are in for the 7-day (approx) wait.

Took my test yesterday (Sunday) and passed with a 92. I didn't have any prior aeronautical knowledge so I started from scratch. Refused to pay any more than the $150 for the test so I studied all the free stuff. My suggestion is to start with the 80+ page FAA Study Guide. That guide will outline exactly what you need to know for the exam. My second suggestion is to read the 3DR Study Guide - it is excellent and includes 105 sample exam questions. And thirdly, your final clean-up can be done on YouTube. There you will find a plethora of videos explaining how to read sectionals, understanding airspace classes, reading Metars & TAF's, etc. My proctor (Greensboro, NC) said 30 had taken the exam so far and only 2 had failed. Like anything in life, fairly easy if you study smart.

Nice work putting in the time Airbroker. What questions did you miss? Interesting you started from scratch without any additional aviation background. Nice work!

Reactions: Airbroker
I passed today with an 85, but the computer crashed before I was able to see the 9 questions I missed, and the proctor was unable to recover them. Without much knowledge of aviation principles and practices, here's what I studied and found the most useful. First I bought the most recent edition of the Los Angeles aeronautical section map and studied it intensively, even when sitting waiting for a pizza or a haircut. I found an app that allowed me to study the METAR and TAF for my local airport, and I looked at that every day for 3 weeks, sometimes twice a day. I went through Sarah Nilssen's and JRupptrecht's websites a couple times. The 3DR.com website was very useful with its summary of concepts and 101 test questions to review on the morning of the exam. The FAA has a web page of sample test questions, too. Several YouTube videos were very informative, especially pertaining to airspace as was Jason Schappert's webinar about airspace. I went into the exam feeling pretty confident, but in spite of all the study, several questions came out of left field and really stymied me. I could only guess. I think I had only one METAR question in contrast to what other forum members have reported. Be sure to flip through the supplement book before the exam to see what it contains, and take your time during the exam! You'll have plenty. I went back over my answers three times and still had 20 minutes left. I hope this helps you who have yet to take the exam. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbroker
I know I missed 5 questions because as soon as you are done with the exam your score appears on the screen and you are told the number of questions you missed. You then have an option to click on a link which will tells you the exact questions you missed. I didn't so I don't. To be honest, I just wanted to get the heck out of there and go home. Sorry.

Poll is closed and after 2 months of testing

58.7% Passed but felt it was challenging test
31.5% Breezed through the exam
9.8% failed

Congratulations, no one failed it twice!

This seems to be in the right spot with FAA pass rates. Commercial Pilot Written pass rate is 96% and the Instrument Written (I felt was most challenging of the bunch) is at 87%. (2014 List)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.46.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.46.02 PM.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 283

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31